Investing Journal - T2S

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Took2Summit, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Start of week: $20,285
    End of week: $21,828 (+7.6%)

Posting this from my phone, will be quick. Obviously had a good week. I sold all my strikes pretty far out thinking there was more upside then downside..well I was right as all my strikes are already hit.

MSFT hit 25 and I had a family emergency on Friday and with literally one minute left in market I bought them back for .26 will need to sell a new one on Monday. That's all for now.

#31     Aug 27, 2011
  2. Sold to open a MSFT 26 Sept 2 call for .16 after all commissions.

#32     Aug 29, 2011
  3. Due to the recent announcement of the FED keeping interest rates where they are until 2013 at a minimum, I've been trying to think of ways to capitalize on that.

My best idea so far is AGNC. Obviously the spread on interest rates effects this holding directly. If I do open the position I would be very quick to close it should the spread change, which isn't expected until 2013. In the meantime I can collect 20% dividend and throw it into this portion of my portfolio and sell some covered calls on it as well, which fetches a decent premium considering 20% dividend.

I'm open to comments/thoughts on this. Will do a little more homework on the company and maybe open the position sometime later this week.

#33     Aug 29, 2011
  4. Just bought MSFT 26 sept 02 call for 0.06 after commission and sold MSFT 26 Sept 09 call for 0.28 after commission.

Will give weekly update at market close

#34     Sep 2, 2011
  5. Start of week: 21,828
    End of week: 22,250 (+1.9%)

Update from my phone again. Not much to say except I need to do more analysis on the weekly calls, 4x the commissions really sucks.

I don't want to get in the habit of updating on my phone but been super busy lately.

#35     Sep 3, 2011
  6. Will start posting this in weekly updates. Red line is if I just put 100% into SPY

#36     Sep 6, 2011
  7. No trade made yet today, but I am working on a new strategy. Unfortunately it is a rather thinly traded market and I don't want to share too much information. The strategy does however keep in line with my goals of this portion of my portfolio and I will continue to update with all my trades. With the new calls I will like call them xxx with x strike price, but I will give the premium received. I will continue to update as normal with all my liquid trades like I have been.

Standby as I plan to start easing in to the new positions after next week.

#37     Sep 9, 2011
  8. Just bought back MSFT 26 Sept 9 Call for $0.04 (0.05 post commissions)

#38     Sep 9, 2011
  9. Sold to open 26 MSFT Sept 17 Call for $0.33 post commissions.

This trade was a good reminder that I don't time markets. When I bought the MSFT call back about 30 minutes ago Dow was down 240. I thought it would bounce back and I could get a good sell on the new ones for around .45, at the time I could get .40.

We all know what happened next, market dropped to 300 under and I cut my losses and take .35 for it.

Oh well! It feels good to try at least, my strategy can get boring at times :)

#39     Sep 9, 2011
  10. Start of Week: $22,250
    End of Week: $22,362 (+0.5%)

Was a good week all things considered, market traced down and my account is starting to diverge quite nicely from the S&P. This is stil la new strategy for me and I am enjoying the results thus far.

I am sticking to weekly's on MSFT and M and NKE are still both hanging in there right around my strike prices.

All of my options expire next week so hopefully should be a good week as that is when most of the time decay occurs.

Attached is my updated chart of me vs spy

#40     Sep 9, 2011