Investing Journal - T2S

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Took2Summit, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Final 2013 numbers are in and I managed a small win over S&P:

I had 35.35% return vs S&P 32.39

Over all I guess I am happy with the outperformance as I would anticipate myself doing worse in a straight up bull market.

Staying the course so far with 2014 and my goal is the same goal as every year, compound my wealth at 20% a year, year in year out.

#291     Jan 2, 2014
  2. Have been very quiet lately but I am still staying the course.

I had a large 10k liability I had to pay off sooner than expected and had to withdraw from this account. Due to such account value took a hit but am at alltime highs otherwise.

Account value: $70,227

I am currently outpacing the S&P by 1% on the year.

I have a couple concentrated positions I am hoping will start to turn in my favor.

My winner of the year so far is ARCP and UNP. I am up about 20% on both in 3 or so months.

I have recently doubled down on KMI and this now represents my largest holding.

I added more to TGT at the $56 level and am now green on this position.

IBM looks to have triple bottomed and hopefully will start going up to my $215-220 target.

I have been trading puts and doing nicely on them. I bought my KRFT puts back earlier this week to book a 50% gain on them.

I currently have 2 KMI 30strike jan15 puts sold @$2

#292     Mar 7, 2014
  3. Thought I would post a quick update. Things have been going decently well for the most part. Almost all positions are working. I have been shifting more towards quality and further from growth during q2 in anticipation of a meaningful correction. I have attached my equity curve since I started investing back in 2011. I am handily out performing my benchmark, as you can see in the picture. This has been done with very minimal leverage and mostly swing trading stock. My typical holding time has been around a month or two. However, I have recently been holding my positions longer, letting them work a little more.

#293     Jul 7, 2014
  4. KMI is up 11% and climbing this morning..today is a very nice day for me as entire portfolio is up 2% over benchmark...it's really just a handful of days a year like this that give me the desired returns. So thought I'd just post a quick brag post!

#294     Aug 11, 2014
  5. its been nearly 3 years. wow. just a quick update:

when I first came to this site I was "trading", then I moved to swing trading, and I eventually stopped posting because I moved to long-term investing. I focused on maximizing my current income, living below my means and investing the rest. interesting path of progression, I've still been handily out-performing the market by roughly 2:1.

account balance: $580,000 (about half of which are contributions since my last post).

lets hope my next update in 3 years adds another zero :)

#295     Jun 27, 2017
    Baron likes this.