Investing in seed round

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lojze, Mar 4, 2017.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

A lot of success in this type of stuff is getting access to the right deal flow. Kleiner Perkins gets the Amazons while Kansas City Angels Club gets "TedsOnlineDollStore.com"

#31     Mar 4, 2017
  2. vanzandt

vanzandt

Hey Surf..... grab me a book of matches from Mara-Largo while your there. Thnx bro. ;)

#32     Mar 4, 2017
  3. Handle123

Handle123

I am a big ZERO for dozen, most likely I don't select right locally and the Dry Cleaning be a better deal, least I could get a discount, LOL

#33     Mar 4, 2017
  4. dealmaker

dealmaker

Your options are two fold 1) as an accredited investor you can directly invest in an angel or venture fund 2) if you are not accredited, you can join or start a pool that invests in angel or venture funds.
    As a small investor only way to invest without an angel/ venture fund is to be related or know the startup founders directly. Hope this helps.

https://www.angelcapitalassociation.org/

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
    #34     Mar 4, 2017
    marketsurfer likes this.
  5. luisHK

luisHK

On this topic, can anyone give some feedback on private equity investments ? what's the best way to go about them for an accredited investor ? I know private banks are keen on selling those, but I suspect one can do without them and their fee as an intermediary

#35     Mar 4, 2017
    dealmaker likes this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

Yes, and for us mom and pop small investors, buying DOTM options are actually the easier way to make money.:D

#36     Mar 4, 2017
    marketsurfer likes this.
  7. lojze

lojze

But finding DOTM options is another thing ...

#37     Mar 4, 2017
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

You want to buy and run businesses yourself? Or you want to find PE funds yourself?

#38     Mar 4, 2017
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

https://www.privateequityinternational.com/pei300/

#39     Mar 4, 2017
  10. The cool thing is VC PE is becoming more anc more democratized. One day, i bet, we will by pass the public markets all together and everyone will be a VC. Rather than being last on the food chain in the public markets.

surf

#40     Mar 4, 2017