Investing in rare violins

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by dealmaker, Jan 31, 2017.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

2. Sounds like a lot of treble.

Sprout and dealmaker like this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Rare guitars will be an up and comer too.
    I know a kid that has a pristine 1938 Gibson Jumbo that belonged to his grandfather and is mint.
    And I mean like never played mint. With the case. Its a Sunburst Model.
    I am real close to getting it for a few thousand.... he just needs to fall behind on about one more child support payment.... The thing is worth 100K.
    Call me a dick.... but I want the guitar. Not to sell. Just to have.

dealmaker likes this.
  4. vanzandt

vanzandt

Just to say, so I don't look like a complete jerk here....its not worth 100 K, to me it is though. Probably upwards of the high teens given the condition. But its only going up.
    Its a thing of beauty. Its a "Super" Jumbo too.
    I honest to god think the strings are the original strings.
    He never changed them. His dad never did either.
    lol... I've been working on this deal for 8 years.
    Hey.... why let it sit in a closet? Its made to be enjoyed.

5. vanzandt

vanzandt

Wonder how much this one is worth?
    I'm sure the R&R HOF has already done the deal.
    trigger.jpg http://stillisstillmoving.com/willienelson/willie-nelsons-guitar-trigger-3/

Willie Nelson had a new guitar.

Forty-three years later—after some 10,000 shows, recording sessions, jam sessions, songwriting sessions, and guitar pulls, most taking place amid a haze of tobacco and reefer smoke and carried out with a particular brand of string-pounding, neck-throttling violence—the guitar looks like hell. The frets are so worn it’s a wonder any tone emerges at all. The face is covered in scars, cuts, and autographs scraped into the wood. Next to the bridge is a giant maw, a gaping hole that looks like it was created by someone swinging a hammer.

6. dealmaker

dealmaker

7. vanzandt

vanzandt

Huh! I'll be damned. I always thought Brad Paisley played a Martin. Its a twin. I'll be damned.

8. Value will only rise,unfortunately Gibson may close down for good.

Gibson Brands Inc., one of the two most iconic guitar companies in music history, is facing bankruptcy after years of challenges, according to a report in the Nashville Post and other sources.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/gibson-guitar-bankruptcy/2018/02/18/id/844061/

dealmaker and vanzandt like this.