Investing in Kurdistan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by MR. FTrader, Mar 29, 2007.

1. I think that the Northern Iraq (Kurdistan) is very safe for the investors, and they like Americans....
    What do you think about that?

2. blast19

blast19

I was in that area about 2 years ago and I'm not sure investments there are great. I'd invest in the Mediterranean area of Turkey or Beirut probably. Kurds aren't known for their money-making finesse.

3. Di you hear that there was a deal between Iraq's autonomy-minded Kurds and a Norwegian company without the approval of the central government....

4. blast19

blast19

No...those people aren't so tied to the central government is my understanding. You're talking about an autonomous group of people(Kurds) that just want their own country and are spread between a few countries in an area that no one wants but everyone is unwilling to give them their own country.

I don't blame them.

5. I like Kurdish people and their culture... Kurdish people have more seculer mindset then the any other country in the region.

Financially, and politicaly they need to be supported by the Western countries....

6. gbos

gbos

As far as I know it’s the only area in Iraq that takes advantage of the inflow of money instead of blowing up each other so there is hope and potential for them. Taking also into account the area is oil-rich it isn’t surprising there is interest for investments there.

7. I guess that the investment law for the Kurdistan Region was adopted in July 2006. The law was debated and approved by the Kurdistan National Assembly, the Region's parliament, and ratified by President Masoud Barzani.

8. Especially Turkish companies are very interested in investing in Kurdistan.... As far as I know 300 Turkish companies work in Kurdistan....