Investing for a wealthy future

Discussion in 'Journals' started by keyser1, Jul 17, 2011.

1. "unless they dramatically rise in value to where I feel they become overvalued."

If they decline you wait and wait? Would be hard to make it work.

Is not Google to heavily dependent on pay per click you think?

#21     Jul 24, 2011
  2. keyser1

keyser1

It depends on why they decline. For the most part, I'm not short term trading, but investing. If a stock declines for no fundamental reason, then I probably will wait; or I might buy more. I might also sell if I think there's a better stock to buy.

Yes Google is heavily dependant on pay per click. Most companies are heavily dependant on a single source of revenue as well. I'm not concerned about their revenue shrinking anytime soon.

#22     Jul 26, 2011
  3. keyser1

keyser1

I closed out my HDB position -- because I felt uncomfortable with the margin percentage I was using in these now uncertain times & don't want to risk a margin call.

I bought some google 600 & 580 jan 2012 calls. I sold google 450 jan 2013 puts.

Will report out my entire portfolio soon.

The rationality (or lack of) of the markets confuse me.

I think a recession will put my solar stocks at risk.
    I dont think it will affect google/microsoft long term earnings / valuation -- a possible one or two year dip won't really impact the earnings they make 5 years from now.
    I was starting to consider buying bac/c, but now that consideration is gone.

#23     Aug 6, 2011