Investing $15K to earn 3% per week

Discussion in 'Journals' started by PersistentTradr, Jun 16, 2007.

Will PT achieve his goal of 3% per week using $15k of starting capital?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2007.
  1. Yes. 3% per week is definitely doable.

30 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Not a chance. He's nuts and doesn't know anything about trading.

33 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. You're doing great! Hang in there, and thanks for being an inspiration.
    Ian

#31     Jul 11, 2007
  2. Week 4 results are posted.

It was a light trading week as I had other commitments to attend to. It was tough missing "the perfect trading day" on thursday! Especially given it occured during the "summer doldrums". I was flat in all accounts--position, swing, and intraday on thursday so I made $0 that day :)

Oh well, it's not the first or last trending day the market will have.

#32     Jul 15, 2007
  3. Tx Ian! I appreciate the comment!

#33     Jul 15, 2007
  4. Trading started above the pivot with some momentum. I decided to go with the flow with the Dual MACD crossover and blue Heikin Ashi bar with R1 as the initial target.

+10 (1)
    +35 (1)

#34     Jul 16, 2007
  5. Pretty narrow range today with lots of sideways action. I wasn't expecting much thus I was happy to grab 10pts. Although there were two nice trendline breaks in the pm--one around 1:30pm and 3:30pm.

Todays Point total: +10 (2)

#35     Jul 17, 2007
  6. Not many opportunities to trade this week. That's ok because I don't plan on trading that much during options expiration week. Especially Thur and Fri. I'll sometimes take Monday off too.

So, we have a few weeks of beating expectations and a few missing. I believe overall I'm about a couple of hundred bucks ahead of my goal. Not bad.

I plan on trading at least 3 days next week and then I'm on vacation for 2 weeks (Yeah!!!!). During that time I'll just be doing swing trading and no intraday trading.

Enjoy!

#36     Jul 21, 2007
  7. jond83

jond83

Keep it up man!
    just keep your emotions in check

#37     Jul 21, 2007
  8. Very nice trade to cap off the week and begin my vacation.

Setup:

Market opened with what I perceive a professional gap down below the previous days low, the Daily Pivot, and even S1. The key today will be to exercise patience and NOT chase the initial retracement.

The market eventually found a range and I decided to play the break; A very negative Adv/Decl line pointed to bearish follow through (IMO). I placed a Sell Stop at S2 13678.

+15 on 1st contract
    +132 on 2nd contract (placed stop at S3)

#38     Jul 26, 2007
  9. Hey folks,

I'm off on vacation next week. No intra-day trading where I'm going :) I'll still manage my swing and position accounts, but, that's about it.

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer whever they are!

PT

#39     Jul 26, 2007
  10. Back from vacation. Great weather which led to a great time outdoors.

Lots of volatility in the markets which made swing trading interesting. I had to throttle back on position size and increase my stops.

We'll, first day back was a nice play. big gap up in the morning so I played the retracement. Picked up +10 and +20.

#40     Aug 13, 2007