Investing $15K to earn 3% per week

Discussion in 'Journals' started by PersistentTradr, Jun 16, 2007.

Will PT achieve his goal of 3% per week using $15k of starting capital?

Poll closed Jun 23, 2007.
  1. Yes. 3% per week is definitely doable.

30 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. Not a chance. He's nuts and doesn't know anything about trading.

33 vote(s)
    52.4%
  1. Another bungler trading day. I was under some stress due to non-trading related events and just couldn't concentrate.

Lesson learned: Don't try and be a hero; TAke the day off and live to trade another day.

I'll take FOMC day off and regroup so I can bounce back on friday.

Good luck tomorrow!

#21     Jun 27, 2007
  2. Good bounce back.

#22     Jun 29, 2007
  3. Week two results are now in the books.

#23     Jun 29, 2007
  4. I don't like to post here much, but great trading so far!

I'm pulling for you, don't listen to some of these clowns. If you have the system and the balls to do 3% a week... then keep going for it!

I'm definitely interested in how this plays out in the long run and at which point sizing, slippage, and psychology start to factor in heavily.

#24     Jun 29, 2007
  5. Tx show! Yeah, some people get positive reinforcement by making other people look bad.

Your right, it's a small stakes game at the moment. With that said, the role of my intraday trading account is not to make the cover of a trading magazine or even make a living off of it. The purpose is simply to earn a little supplemental income. The target is 3%, but, honestly I'd be happy earning anything above 0 percent a week ;-)

At the end of the project (ie 12 mo), I'll move a bulk of the gains over to my longer term investment account and then restart the project all over again.

Tx for the support!

#25     Jun 29, 2007
  6. Holiday week and choppy action so I used an 89 tick chart and trend lines to try and scalp a few trades.

Probably more of the same tomorrow.

#26     Jul 5, 2007
  7. Did not trade on friday. Something came up. attached are results for week 3.

#27     Jul 9, 2007
  8. Shorted when price stalled around the R1 pivot this am.

+10 on first contract
    +21 on second contract (some slippage occured)

#28     Jul 9, 2007
  9. I had all but given up, but, a nice trading setup appeared in the afternoon.

+10
    +46

#29     Jul 11, 2007
  10. A yawner today. Didn't make any trades which I consider a win in and of itself.

+0
    +0

#30     Jul 11, 2007