Invest in CTA

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by nspessot, Feb 1, 2021.

1. nspessot

nspessot

Hi there, I would like to invest in a CTA as a managed account, I am trying to understand all different participants and how much would it cost. I did some research and found IASG, where they can support opening an account, but not sure how much value they would add.
    I also contacted StoneX, they can open me an account and connect directly with the CTA, they said it would cost 2-3$ per contract, so not sure if I understand correctly, but i would need to check the CTA trading frequency, for example: 1750 RT/YR/$M times the cost per contract? They also said there is not any other cost associated with StoneX

2. CannonTrading_Ilan

CannonTrading_Ilan Sponsor

CTA's usually charge performance fees and management fee on top of the trading cost of commissions and exchange fees.
    main thing is to understand the program, how aggressive?
    live results? read DDOC ( disclosure document) etc.
    If you like a personalized feedback based on your risk capital/ level of aggressiveness - PM me.

3. BKR88

BKR88

I've invested in CTAs & managed futures for more than 10 years.
    When you see the results on IASG, those results are after fees so no need to figure out how much the round turn costs are.
    Find an IB (introducing broker) that can get you set up to invest. The IB is paid from the CTA so you shouldn't have any costs from the IB.

bluelou, fan27 and CannonTrading_Ilan like this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Are your $ returns consistent with the percent returns you see on IASG?

5. BKR88

BKR88

Can't say that I've followed it too closely after making the investment but this space is regulated pretty closely so I trust the results posted. Pretty difficult to have the numbers of large investors they do and post inaccurate results without someone complaining. Results need to be verified by a 3rd party.

6. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

In PE it’s rampant between IRR returns and $ returns

7. BKR88

BKR88

With emphasis on PRIVATE :)
    Regulated? 3rd party verified?

8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

yeah. Returns calculations are legit. But the measurement is not the same as the dollar return.