Inverse ETFs for the upcoming crash: UVXY TZA SQQQ SDOW SPXU

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, Jan 3, 2022.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

TECS LABD up today, I daytraded LABD, bot TECS VIXY ah for swing..

F and OXY great breakouts

SARK SQQQ great to short tech

#11     Jan 4, 2022
    murray t turtle and easymon1 like this.
  2. easymon1

easymon1

engulfing 7969 labd 5m.png

#12     Jan 7, 2022
  3. nitrene

nitrene

CLDS (-2X Cloud) is good for shorting the cloud stocks. Pretty illiquid but I use it. Returns seem similar to SARK.

#13     Jan 21, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.
  4. %%
    Good + TECS,spxs, spxu. Perfect for daytrades/too close to 200dma [for me]to hold over week end.................................................................................................

#14     Jan 21, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Holding 23k worth of inverses into weekend

#15     Jan 21, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. nitrene

nitrene

Hey Ken did you ever consider just using the MNQ future? At IB you can get about 13X leverage currently (29K notional value with $2200 upfront margin). 2-3 Contracts of MNQ = 23K -3X ETFs, roughly. In this current downdraft the focal point are the top NASDAQ stocks so it makes sense.

There never was a real FAANG future. If it existed it would be the best. You can use FNGD but the FANG+ index has a lot of non-FAANG stocks in it so it doesn't really follow FAANG correctly.

I really wish the SPDR Sectors were available as futures. That would be pretty good as well.

#16     Jan 21, 2022
    qwerty11 and KCalhoun like this.
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Anyone else trading inverses? I overtraded them last year but finally it looks like selling pressure is here.

The neat thing is they're bouncing off all-time lows, check 1- and 2-year charts.

I like trading 3x high volume ones for both day and swing trades.

#17     Jan 23, 2022
  8. %%
    YES;
    spxs, spxu, turned a bit negative late\see what happens by late close tomorroW:D:D
    More long spxl, into close/almost sold some late, not quite:caution::caution:FNGD looks a bit weak on weekly, may buy some late in week??

#18     Jan 26, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Made profits today mostly in the post fed SPXU. also traded SDOW SPXS VIXY. went mostly cash all accounts here, as you saw eod drop making me leery of overnight holds.

But if dow futs -200 or more red later tonight I'll rebuy inverses aftermarket.

Nice day... nailed it

#19     Jan 26, 2022
  10. DataExec

DataExec

I focus on a small number of ETFs to trade and trade leveraged pairs (UVXY/SVXY, DRIP/GUSH, LABU, LABD, etc.). I use several chart indicators, including Stochastic/RSI to time my moves in and out of the trades. So far, I've stayed above my money management goal of 65% win/35% BE/Loss trades and I use Stop/Loss to limit the loss. It's working well in this market because of the volatility.

#20     Jan 27, 2022