Inverse ETFs for the upcoming crash: UVXY TZA SQQQ SDOW SPXU

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by KCalhoun, Jan 3, 2022.

1. easymon1

easymon1

Thanks for reposting SQQQ as your preferred pair to SOXL over SOXS. I've been taking stats on SOXL/SOXS for a couple weeks and now I gotta go back and repeat half of that because I forgot that point.

The possible theoretical profit SOXS sometimes spins off exceeds SQQQ many times, like here linked below in one of the two 5m entry cases where the SOXS outperformed SQQQ by 30%, 5.34% vs 3.74% for a fifty minute long trade.

You've mentioned volume as a reason why you prefer SQQQ over SOXS to trade.
    57700 11:20 bar for SOXS vs
    1982700 11:20 bar for SQQQ.

Given that you trade a 1m chart it makes sense that you need to and you will be able to dance in and out of that SQQQ at will all day long given the volume it spins off.

Would you say that the same is true for a 5m chart as well? That the possible extra percent gains are an illusion in the real world due to slippage induced by liquidity limitations?
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/charts-for-no-reason.344272/page-24#post-5597716

#121     May 16, 2022
  2. %%
    Trying to buy SPLV all day [low limit order , i accidently got dividend on it last month/LOL], sorry i failed on SPLV buy today/ but UPRO got filled .
    MY SH + SPXS are down a bit, see how they close/SPY got sold soooooooooooooooooooooooo many weeks i was sorta figuring on a bear rally most/all week??????
    I took a smaller loss on UPRO monday , wasnt sure that was ANY kind of bottom monday.:caution::caution:

#122     May 17, 2022
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Good question, my technique needs 1 minute charts for quick flips. I was trading SOXL UVXY SQQQ today.

#123     May 17, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. %%
    I like quick flips also;
    /\ 60 minute flips or more. Got some noon + later exit flips on sso SPXL, upro.
    SSO entry yesterday, looks like a good day for buying inverse of SPY. [Assume SPY \gets weaker last hour??]
    I used to trade FNGU\ but that was during an uptrending bull market /buy 50 day average volume was better, sell volume was weaker\LOL:D:D.I actually still wanted to trade it for some quick hourly flips , but tooooooooooooooooooooooo weak\That$ life:caution::caution: MAY trim a small position of SH , see how it closes. SH/ still up from JAN 1st.....

#124     May 17, 2022
    KCalhoun likes this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Made a lot today with UVXY. :D

#125     May 18, 2022
    murray t turtle likes this.
  6. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

am buying bounce here /not a recommendation/

soxl18may.jpg

earlier, had traded uvxy on breakout uvxy18my.jpg

#126     May 18, 2022
  7. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

up just over 1k so far... yay will buy uvxy breakouts and soxl bounces :D .. all use <.2 stops

#127     May 18, 2022
    easymon1 likes this.
  8. amazing how the off screen trades work well, and the live calls are stank. Never tempt the trading gods

#128     May 18, 2022
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

my live calls are legendary :D

upcoming orders (not recommendations) I'm up >$1k today

fd18my.jpg

#129     May 18, 2022
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

yay - i made a fkload o $$ trading my girlfriend UVXY and SQQQ, TZA. will flip into SOXL TQQQ if they bounce. saweet :D

my live trading room members were thrilled! if you're not a member wtf is wrong?? lol join already

uvxy20may.jpg sqqq20may.jpg soxl20may.jpg

#130     May 20, 2022