InveractiveBrokers filled my market NQ order with 4.5min delay

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by david Lee, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Thanks. Really learned somthing from you!

But I am afraid if I send a limit buy at 1238. I got filled at 1238, even at that time it is 1235.25/.50. Still at the mercy of the broker.

#11     Dec 16, 2008
  2. J.P.

J.P.

I've been placing Market orders in ES with IB's TWS for quite some time and I've always been filled instantly at the current price. And nothing posted here so far explains the OP's 4.5 minute delay. I would like to see a reply from IB.

#12     Dec 17, 2008
  3. moarla

moarla

bevore posting, you all know what is a market with protection??

That is a real market order >>> read about what means protection!

market orders are always the first in execution, even bevore limit orders!

If you had to wait 5 minutes, check all the other possibilities for that problem, but its not the market order or some virtual made market order by IB.....

#13     Dec 17, 2008
  4. moarla

moarla

and MandelBrotSet: you are wrong; looking at your many postings, what did you learn all those days??

(always spealing about Globex)

#14     Dec 17, 2008
  5. It's your fault it's never IB fault and there will be an army of lurkers here to turn your complaint against you.

#15     Dec 17, 2008
  6. moarla

moarla

it could be a problem by IB, but its not a native market order or something like taht. thats bullshit.

could be also a problem on the exchange, on the line, on the internet, on the...

BUT: market order is a real market order.

Thats what i had to say.

#16     Dec 17, 2008
  7. Get ready for post after post saying they placed a market order with Interactive Brokers at that time and got executed in a nano second.

But they won't post any records like you did.

#17     Dec 17, 2008
  8. moarla

moarla

i have realy no problems wih market orders at Globex / IB

#18     Dec 17, 2008
  9. Open the ticket, and let us know what IB says.

#19     Dec 17, 2008
  10. Agreed. You should open a trouble ticket, in the trouble ticket system, and tell us what happens.

#20     Dec 18, 2008