intuition

Discussion in 'Trading' started by sabena, May 18, 2002.

1. Sabena, you are TOTALLY clueless. Kymar, great stuff! :-}

#31     May 19, 2002
  2. nitro

nitro

Thanks for the link, I will look into it. I have stopped to read Calving before, but I have never had the time (I am already backed up with magazine articles I want to read from last year!)

nitro

#32     May 19, 2002
  3. Hey Sabena,

Have you spoken to your friend Fang lately? I'm trying to get in touch with him, but he hasn't been posting much lately. Give him my best.

#33     May 19, 2002
  4. Oh absolutely. In fact murreymath, from its inception, has steered toward a wholly integrated synergistic approach between the two hemispheres.

I'll briefly outline.

Firstly, it's important to remember that the body is divided into by binary math, 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 etc. Important, because all markets are set to the same binary math MMT lines.

Now, as we know, no market really wants to move more than 2/8ths of its harmonic wave more than 75% of the time.

From the murreymath site, "One should strive to learn and memorize these horizontal MMT Lines. Serious traders want everything to be automatic (under pressure). No great quarterback ever stopped the play to look down at the lines on the field. "

See the connection?

Daniel

#34     May 19, 2002
  5. Try Miss Cleo, I'm absolutely certain she can help locate Fang. If that doesn't work, try Jack London.

#35     May 19, 2002
  6. sabena

sabena

Shadows of the mind : A search for the missing
    science of consciousness

by Roger Penrose.

Los Angeles Time :

Now, in Shadows of the Mind
    Penrose offers another exhilarating look at
    modern science as he mounts an even more
    powerfull attack on artificial intelligence.

In this profound work, Penrose provides power-
    full arguments to support his conclusion
    that there is something in the conscious acti-
    vity of the brain that transcends computation-
    and will find no explanation in terms of
    present-day science.
    Cutting a wide swade through modern science
    he presents a penetrating book look at every-
    thing from the implications of Godel's theo-
    rem to the microbiology of the brain, main-
    taining that conscious thinking must indeed
    involve ingredients that cannot adequately
    be simulated by mere computation.

The Wall Street Journal :

Roger Penrose is one of the greatest mathemati-
    cal physicists alive...A work of breathtaking
    scope and richness...One certainly comes away
    from the book exhilarated by new metaphysical
    vistas.

ROGER PENROSE is the Rouse Ball Professor of
    Mathematics at the University of Oxford. He is
    the author of The Emperor's New Mind and winner
    of the Wolf Prize for physics, with Stephen
    Hawking, for their joint contribution to our
    understanding of the Universe.

#36     May 19, 2002
  7. nitro

nitro

The Penrose, etc stuff is _REALLY_ interesting, but it can get in your way of trading (Commisso, I know you disagree :) )

IMHO, the best way to develop intuition in the markets is by taking lots of little shots (enough size to really keep you focused, whatever that is for you,) over and over again on one, possibly two stocks for 1-3 months - using nothing but prem, the spoos, a spoos squawk, other stocks in its sector, and the time and sales.

That my friend, IMHO, is the only way to attain intuition in trading, if it doesn't come to you naturally.

nitro

#37     May 19, 2002
  8. ddefina

ddefina

Being in the "ZONE" I believe they call it in sports. Total sub-conscious control of one's actions, with perfect results. As soon as the concious takes over, things fall apart. I think there's a spiritual connection but can't prove it. I wish I could get in the "Zone" trading more often. :D

#38     May 19, 2002
  9. TonyOz

TonyOz

Soccer Ball $20
    Soccer Shoes $75
    Scoring a winning goal at the world cup with your HAND, priceless :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

This is my last post on ET. It was fun. You can tell everyone that they can take me off their ignore list ...

Baron (moderator), please ban my user name :)

#39     May 19, 2002
  10. Ok a serious answer out of me at long last...my opinions on intuition:

Intuition is a byproduct of experience. But not just any experience. It is a byproduct of experience that is analyzed correctly. This is why in my opinion it takes so long to develop intuition for many, yet a few seem to get it quickly - they analyze their experience correctly so when similar situations come along they draw the correct conclusions based on the available information. Developing intuition may require several major paradigm shifts so that experience may be analyzed correctly. "Correctly" in this context means profitably. If we "learned it wrong" previously, it may take a significant amount of time to unlearn. If we "learned it wrong" then our intuition is probably going to be wrong as well. If we never learned it in the first place then our "intuition" is merely a guess.

So for me the discussion of intuition should be preceeded with a discussion on gaining useful experience, and profitably interpreting that experience. After useful experience has been properly analyzed then the insight that comes via intuition becomes available to us and can be used as a tool in trading profitably. It is at this point that trading via a Zen mindset makes sense and where trading can be effortless and automatic. The Zen mindset allows us to not block out our intuition with the babbling of our conscious mind.

#40     May 20, 2002