Intuition

Discussion in 'Journals' started by moneymoneymoney, Nov 19, 2003.

#41     Nov 20, 2003
  2. Just looking at price action one min. bars. I watched the new HOD being made with no followthrough. It felt very weak so I shorted it. It dropped but it started firming up. I sat on my hands for a couple of minutes as it bounced around 1038.75. My little voice was just screaming that the market was going back up so I exited. As you can see I should have reversed and gone long.

I used to use indicators but now I just listen to my gut (intuition I guess). I'm missing opportunities right and left today (stupid me...watching CNBC and the White House evac. noise). I can only get better....I'm not used to the speed of the moves near the open and I'm still not too comfortable with the pats software I'm using.

#42     Nov 20, 2003
  3. Long @ 1040.00

#43     Nov 20, 2003
  4. My random thoughts

Market feels like it's going higher today. Missing many opportunites mostly because the speed of execution on Globex is something I'm not used to. Speed of market moves is making me feel like a deer staring in the headlights. I've got to improve the speed of my decisions to get in sync with this market.

Need a strategy to figure direction of market near the open. I dunno, maybe I just need to sit out the first hour each day.

Market action looks about the same as others I've traded.

Trying to be more patient today and avoid trading to meet the daily goal. 10 pt range already in...good chance rest of day will be in slop.

#44     Nov 20, 2003
  5. Exit long 41.75

#45     Nov 20, 2003
  6. I think I know what you mean. I believe it is just too much data trying to get into your brain each moment. I have been able to trade ZB and ZN, but I keep losing money in ES and NQ. Although I must say I have been improving, so I am not giving up just yet. What I am trying to do when watching globex is process the data in two stages, the first step being to mentally transform it into the kind of snapshot-type data I am used to from a/c/e. But somehow I am not quite convinced I am doing the right thing. It should be BETTER to see more data. If all I do with it is cut it down to less information ... it just doesn't feel right.

#46     Nov 20, 2003
  7. money,

which simulator do you use for the ES?

#47     Nov 20, 2003
  8. Thoughts

Very frustrating!!!! I tried a buy limit order at 41.00 and didn't get filled. Now the market breaks yesterday's high!

First trade was ok.

Second trade I exited too late (at least a 1 pt too late). Wasted time with that random thoughts post and missed a exit and reentry also.

I'm sure others that trade this market have been through lots of the same frustrations.

Sorry I'm not too talkative...I'm trying to concentrate on improving my trades.

#48     Nov 20, 2003
  9. Long @ 1045.00

#49     Nov 20, 2003
  10. I don't know what indicators you are lookin at, but I'm not sure I would want to be long equities now. Actually I am, but only 100 shares of Hewlett P*ckerhead.

#50     Nov 20, 2003