Intuition Amplifiers 2

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by MAESTRO, Feb 27, 2013.

1. I went to live in another country for a few years. I slowly realized that everything one knows as a fact or as the truth is such simply because that's what everyone else around believes to be a fact or the truth.

#801     Dec 27, 2014
  2. Tengu

Tengu

Hello All!

What a wonderful thread! I'm glad my intuition guided me here That's only a half-joke, because despite being very logical, "left-brain" oriented, I usually value my gut feelings above all.
    Have been scalping GBPJPY for some time, mainly using rainbow, i.e. a ribbon composed of tightly spaced WMA's; mostly based on Linuxtroll/Cyrox/Easron teachings.

I'm always seeking ways to improve and fine-tune my trading workspace, in a wide variety of ways – including adjusting colors, visibility (transparency) of various lines etc.
    Trading based on rainbow / ribbon of multiple moving averages is much more of a subjective art than a mechanical rule-based approach, though you definitely need a lot of discipline.

Maestro, I read thoroughly all your posts — thank you very much for sharing all that valuable knowledge and info :) Are you by any chance still involved in this area of research?

It seems to me that probably one of the main roles of IAs is inhibiting or circumventing our cognitive biases which are often the hidden cause of trading failures and taking "bad" trades. I believe that's one of the reasons that charts deceive and that we'd be better off without them.
    For example, I noticed the "triangle illusion" while looking at retracements – judging only with naked eye what is in fact a 62% retracement could be easily perceived as being around or even less than 50%. Maybe it doesn't sound so bad, but it can skew the perception of current momentum quite a lot.

I realize that the previous post dates almost 6 years, but maybe anyone would like to revive the topic?

Anyway, I noticed a pdf paper about Intuition Amplifiers was mentioned several times throughout the thread but I can't find it anywhere (neither here, nor through google). Could anyone kindly share it?

#802     Sep 8, 2020