Intuition Amplifiers 2

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by MAESTRO, Feb 27, 2013.

1. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Such priming experiments can vividly show us how one perception that was outside of our conscious awareness influences our thoughts and actions. Intuitive priming is basically the initiation of brain cell associations via their simultaneous stimulation.
    In another experiment with our group of traders they were asked to pick either a Long or a Short position for each stock in a 100 stock trading portfolio by just using their skill in reading charts. The traders were divided in two groups. Both groups were subliminally exposed to the “news stories” that featured companies that were completely unrelated to the securities in the test portfolio. One group, however, was exposed to the stories about the companies that rapidly increased their market values due to their marketing, manufacturing and innovation success; they were doubling and tripling their share prices etc. Another group of traders was exposed to the “doom and gloom” stories about the investors that lost their shirts, about the “meltdown of the US economy” etc. Both types of stories were quietly played in the room where traders were intensively analyzing the stock charts as we only allowed them one minute of time to analyze each security. As the result the first group picked 71% Long positions in their portfolios and the other group was Short 66% of the stocks in their portfolios.

#41     Feb 27, 2013
    Grantx likes this.
  2. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

OK, I believe that this is it from me. I don't believe I have posted anything else on the previous thread. Now it is your turn

#42     Feb 27, 2013
  3. is this an intuition amplifier?

[​IMG]

#43     Feb 27, 2013
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

hahahahaha!!! No, this is one of my first multi-display trading systems. I am surprised that you have found such an oldie! I was very active in building the Robotic multi security trading platforms based on AI back in 2000 - 2005. Some of them are still working away. Thanks for the laugh, but no, this is not an Intuition Amplifier :D

#44     Feb 27, 2013
  5. Funny! that reminded me of this AI brain pitched to me back in 2000--

http://www.nulinegraphics.com/temp/trendax/index.html

#45     Feb 27, 2013
  6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

yes, I know them too. Nothing really works though. That is why I moved on to MPA. It looks a lot better. If you build any black box using TA it eventually gets into trouble. Although my boxes were OK I was never satisfied with the constant "twicking"

#46     Feb 27, 2013
  7. WS_MJH

WS_MJH

Thanks again for reposting this! A lot about trading is to determine what's going to happen next. After you enter your trade, you are at the mercy of other market participants who enter a trade after you. The question is whether based on all available data you can determine what people will do in the future.

Obviously people agree or disagree whether TA works and whether people will follow TA. I do like your psychological approach. Your example of how people react at a stoplight is well thought out. The question becomes is that most drivers know legally how they are suppose to act in a stoplight. Thus, there is almost closed rule set of how to act. However, in a trading environment, there are no rules and it's every man for himself in maximizing his profit. Can you find order in chaos?

You noted on slowing down the speed and analyzing of how traders react. I can see if you test out this price action that you can get certain patterns of repeating behavior that may show what might happen in the future. It's quasi like that genetic trading that's out there or hft. But I do think what you're alluding too is an interesting path because TA is not followed 100% of the time, hence why it's problematic.

#47     Feb 27, 2013
  8. Interesting post, but TA isn't followed by 99% of the big money boys who matter in the market--- I concur with Maestro mostly also

#48     Feb 27, 2013
  9. #49     Feb 27, 2013
  10. Ouch, wasn't aware, thanks for the warning. It is from the notorious hacker and entrepreneur kim dotcom back when he fancied himself a hedge fundee. http://kim.com/ surf

#50     Feb 27, 2013