Introvert or Extrovert, which is more likely to be successful at trading?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Eafetrader, Jul 21, 2021.

1. maxinger

maxinger

Man or Woman, which is more likely to be successful at trading?

Man.
    you hardly see any women in the broker's or bank's trading houses

#11     Jul 22, 2021
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Fain

Fain

In Small-cap trading, Many introverts will trade a stock, research filings, etc but Never contact the CEO which is a big failing. Extrovert is a good personality trait for learning how to close in trading and expanding your network. You are usually a by-product of who you surround yourself with.

I have an introverted personality by nature but have trained myself to hit the phones more and do more outreach to expand my network. Talking to CEOs, IR and Promoters has enhanced my research skills in a big way and have a new perspective.

#12     Jul 22, 2021
  3. JSOP

JSOP

Both, as long as you can make money, you can be a successful trader. The trader profession is a very dynamic one that encompasses many segments in the financial industry and requires a wide variety of skills and competence that being both an introvert or an extrovert would excel at.

#13     Jul 22, 2021
  4. Nobert

Nobert

You want to punish an extrovert, - put him alone next to books & charts & screens.

Look at the best ones.

How many of em builded their empires with a group of people ?

Majority started alone/1 ~ 2 close friends

Doesn't mean that an introvert can't become an extrovert for a short period. Actually many well known ,,extroverts" were - introverts.

gh.jpg

At the same time there's no absolute intro or extro.
    One side is just more dominating.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    #14     Jul 22, 2021
    cesfx and d08 like this.
  5. virtusa

virtusa

Daytrading since the early nintees, I never succeeded to build a network. At that time in EU almost nobody even had a clue what daytrading was. How can they then be useful?
    I also never meet a person who shared his/her experiences and brought any thins that made sense. Especially as I apparently have a complete different approach to trading than 99% of traders.

Exactly, other people would bring me only things that would have a negative impact on my trading. Assuming that they even know what they are talking about.

That's my personal experience too. I am a very extrovert person, except when it concerns trading as most people don't understand what I am doing and I am not willing to explain it.

#15     Jul 22, 2021
  6. Girija

Girija

Neither is an issue. Most important ingredient is the so called Brain.You need analytical skills to succeed.

#16     Jul 22, 2021
  7. So... you think someone like Mr. Spock or Sherlock Holmes would make the best trader?

(So do I.)

:)

#17     Jul 22, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

not sure why you would turn the thread into this direction. Is your male ego that fragile?

#18     Jul 22, 2021
    VicBee and Girija like this.
  9. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Or Data, or Jeri Ryan as 7 of 9.

I'd happily trade with 7 of 9 forever lol

Resistance is futile :p

#19     Jul 22, 2021
  10. Ummmm.

Think of all the young traders who don't know of "7 of 9"... :)

#20     Jul 22, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.