Introducing WealthSignals.com

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by WealthSignals, Nov 3, 2019.

1. traderjo

traderjo

- yes not being able to see if a signal provider risks actual money or not is a worry, neither are these people a regulated CTA in USA
    - futures and other functionality similar to C2/ Zulu oh by the way where are you regulated?

#41     Nov 13, 2019
  2. Does a CTA risk his own money?

Is it published somewhere?

Why would you need to be regulated if you do not have access or control of other peoples money?

Regulations have not helped people who invested in Long Term Capital or Bernie Madoff. Or did I miss something? IMO the market is over regulated and still people get scammed. You are the first "trader" who I hear screaming: "Regulation"

Why would you feel more "secure" if someone trades a system with a 10K account?

I am more concerned about people who have not tested their "trading method".
    Anyone publishing his trading results or signals for the past years is NO indication that he/she will do just as good in other market conditions. I could go on forever I guess... ;)
    I look forward to follow your trading on the other sides and hope to see you publishing your signals on WS as soon as we fulfill your criteria.

Anyway, WS is hear to listen to suggestions and to get a feel what users want. We work on including the suggestions.

#42     Nov 13, 2019
    WealthSignals likes this.
  3. traderjo

traderjo

NO CTA does not risk his / her money but he is scrutinized by a national body not a private company hence important for me as a consumer.. obviously you dont like the mention of word regulation.. so lets agree to disagree
    - reg flagging those signal provider who trade real market as opposed to providers who dont.. another comfort factor..

#43     Nov 13, 2019
  4. So you would trust your money to a CTA who is not risking his own money but who is "scrutinized by a national body"?
    But then you say: Hey if he trades his own money (even if it is just 10K) then I trust him?
    I find both comments contradicting.
    I would say: Education over Regulation.
    Another example: The United States subprime mortgage crisis.

Anyway and again: Your interest is appreciated and it seems that you are active on competing sides. I look forward to follow you there.

#44     Nov 13, 2019
  5. traderjo

traderjo

what competing side?
    Scrutinized by a national body against a a small private company... sure I would
    prefer the national body !
    Education over regulation" suits you as a business , my point is a s a consumer and I was just asking about functionality also but I guess you are more interested in argument and ridiculing any competing view

#45     Nov 13, 2019
  6. traderjo

traderjo

by the way I did not say "Hey if he trades his own money (even if it is just 10K) then I trust him?"
    I was just saying that such a flag will add a positive point for those who want to become followers. as we all know demo trading without any risk is easy.
    These are some measures of due diligence .. that is all
    Also using Maddof or subprime is a popular defense by business who operate in Financial services business and don;t want to be regulated .. if there were no regulations it would be the snake pit like those Israel based Binary options "Brokers" who mushroomed before being shut down!:vomit:
    any way you area copy trade service and lucky for you in USA not regulated .. so be it!

#46     Nov 13, 2019
  7. bbpp

bbpp

Do you know 90%+ traders lose money in the long run?
    All of them risk their own money.
    So you would trust them since they risk their won money?

If you check on C2, the percentage of strategies which lose money is far better than above figure, despite most of strategies there don't risk their own money.

#47     Nov 13, 2019
  8. traderjo

traderjo

I did not say I will blindly trust them if they trade real money! It is just another filter!

#48     Nov 13, 2019
  9. WS is interested in getting new signal publishers and subsequently subscribers. You asked for :
    Futures?
    Intraday?
    That was leading me to the assumption that this is what you do already at other sides. Which made me think: I like to see your trading style.

I am not. I was just trying to educate you, that the regulations didn't help those investors and will not help future investors. And I did find it interesting to hear someone calling for regulations, registrations, auditing, due diligence ... everything that keeps startups from getting big.

So let's keep this argument and let's move on to get you as a signal publisher on an unregulated website?

Futures?
    Intraday?

#49     Nov 13, 2019
  10. I have traded some systems over there. I had many that I did put on my "WatchList". Great results in OOS trading. None of them is still around after 2-3 years of not looking at them.

Historical Researchers make too many mistakes. I made them too and likely still make them.
    Right now I do not even trade my own systems.

Want to know why?

#50     Nov 13, 2019