Introducing TrendSpider - a new charting platform built for traders, by traders

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by TrendSpider_Dan, Oct 26, 2018.

1. TrendSpider_Dan

TrendSpider_Dan Sponsor

I appreciate that and I certainly understand that perspective - it certainly happens - although I'd argue that it's not always apophenia that traders see in charts, and just because one is a more fundamental or value-oriented trader, doesn't mean they don't fall victim to apophenia. I mean, people find meaningless connections in all kinds f things when it comes to trading, from news releases and financial statements to tweets. At least in a chart, there is a way to spot a pattern in the noise. In other realms that is much tougher.

On balance, I know full-time traders that make their livings trading nothing but technicals (and do pretty well) and others who make their full-time living investing in fundamentals or seeking out value. I also know investors in both camps that are consistent losers.

In any of the cases, regardless of their specific style, the traders who do well in the markets usually have one thing in common: they have identified a system that works for them through trial, error, working with a mentor, etc. etc., and they are militant about their approach; they stick to it. They plan the trade, and trade the plan. Personally, I like to combine forms of analysis to get a more complete picture because I've always found it interesting how often different styles of analysis point in the same general direction. Companies with strong business growth potential and good value tend to have charts that reflect this as well.

Best,
    Dan

#11     Oct 27, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  2. qlai

qlai

Dan, welcome! I would like you to create a feed which publishes all your clients alerts per symbol. I think ToS has some sort of sentiment indicator based on how their clients positioned. I'm serious ... Will become more valuable as you grow customer base. I get a free lifetime subscription for suggesting!

#12     Oct 27, 2018
  3. zdreg

zdreg

#13     Oct 27, 2018
  4. TrendSpider_Dan

TrendSpider_Dan Sponsor

:D :D :D

#14     Oct 27, 2018
  5. qlai

qlai

Was scanning your website a bit more today ... cool stuff. I think it would be great to be able to automatically query your server for all this kind of info you calculate. For example, I would like to day trade automatically and have a way to query for something like "give me high and low prices based on past 10 days" Or maybe I want to know where you identify the trendline so that I can set/trail my stop some distance away from it. Even getting previous day's open/high/low/close is nice to get from a third party instead of keeping track on your own. I don't think there are existing services that do this via APIs and do NOT require real time market data subscriptions. Basically, I would like to get real time intra-day data from one source (good quality/reliability/latency) and the rest from another source (good enough quality/reliability/latency). If anyone knows of such service (accessible via APIs - not inside a particular platform), please share.

#15     Oct 27, 2018
  6. ZBZB

ZBZB

Are you going to be able to scan for trend line breaks for all stocks in an index like ramp from http://www.nebadawn.com ?

#16     Oct 27, 2018
    stepan7 likes this.
  7. TrendSpider_Dan

TrendSpider_Dan Sponsor

In short - yes. We have plans for a chart-based search/screening function for Q1 2019. First we plan to enhance our alerts, add new types of alerts (e.g. indicator on indicator interactions, lower indicators, candlestick formations, etc.), then we plan to expand alerts to entire watch lists instead of individual symbols, and based on that we plan to explain watch lists to what we will call 'smart watch lists' that are automatically generated by a criteria the user can define. If you want to learn more about the plans, drop me a note and I can tell you all about the roadmap.

Best,
    Dan

#17     Oct 27, 2018
  8. TrendSpider_Dan

TrendSpider_Dan Sponsor

Thank you for the feedback. We have considered exposing our internal APIs in the past and may be open to doing so in the future, but at the moment that is not something we are planning on releasing in the intermediate term future. Too many TA functions to automate first :)

#18     Oct 27, 2018
    TrendSpider_Jake likes this.
    #19     Oct 27, 2018
  10. Do you offer stock and futures spreads?

#20     Oct 27, 2018