Introducing The BAT System: Bot Algo Trading Made Easy.

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by JCTradingGroup, Jul 13, 2012.

1. ForAPlus

ForAPlus

Who are you?

By this I mean your contact page shows only your email address and a phone number. You don't appear to have a physical address or any blurb about your background. The registration info for thebatsystem.com is "private".

And, what's JCTradingGroup's affiliations with the bat system?

#21     Jul 17, 2012
  2. After my previous post was miraculously deleted I feel inclined to ask again:

Can you provide any sort of backup how you are able to process 3.6 billion quotes/second on your super-platform? I am still at a loss of words how someone can make so outrageous claims and just pretend later he never said so. Lets skip your marketing gibberish for a second and can we get back to facts about why someone should consider your service, given he gives away his IP for free to you because all back test algos are run on your machines. Please I am very curious what incredibly hardware and parallel computational algorithms you guys use to get to 3.6 billion messages/second when just 2 weeks ago one hedge fund claimed they can process 100 million ticks/second with very specialized hardware components and even then the performance could only be achieved through batching. This news was an industry shocker and very closely followed.

You claim 3.6billion ticks/second.

:confused: :confused:

#22     Jul 17, 2012
  3. JCTradingGroup

JCTradingGroup ET Sponsor

The real power of the The BAT System is the ability to create powerful strategies from the bank of filters that react to today's market internals on the fly. Unlike TradeStation and other system building tools like MetaStock and those inside Esignal, what separates The BAT System is its access to a database that is constantly watching all stocks at all time on almost all time frames. That is the advantage and it is that simple. One must understand the concept of filters that are employed that allows us to slice and dice the market in any way that we want to react better to what is happening.

Backtesting in the traditional way, one stock at a time going back 30 years or one year for that matter is pointless, as today's market adjusts to inefficiencies at a much faster rate. The BAT System fills a niche beyond the time frame of HFT, meaning longer term but still intraday or longer if wanted.

At the core of the BAT System is massive parallel processing. There are over 50 multi core machines working at once. Each day the CPUs get assigned to perform various tasks needed to maintain our type of testing ability. They include updating baselines, verifying user generated criteria, looking up historical data, and aggregating the results. We also process every day at the same time using different machines, to further improve speed.

Backtests only take seconds to complete. As you can see from the video on our website, that backtest took approximately 11 seconds. How many calculations are taking place per second? We have no idea. 3.6 billion was NOT a number we ever stated.

http://www.thebatsystem.com/the-bat-tester-video/

The bottom line is that it works exactly as stated. Users can easily create, backtest, and autotrade algos without any programming knowledge required.

amazingIndusty, please feel free to email, call, or PM us your email address and phone number and we can get you a demo and walk you through a strategy creation and backtest.

#23     Jul 18, 2012
  4. It comes from the "test against 30 days of tick data in seconds" statements inferred earlier.

From your later description it sounds like the testing is actually again massaged data, not raw tick data, which would knock that number down to more manageable proportions.

Cheers!

#24     Jul 18, 2012
  5. JCTradingGroup

JCTradingGroup ET Sponsor

JC Trading created the BAT System to help traders who wish to enter the world of advanced algorithmic trading without the need to learn programming.

#25     Jul 18, 2012
  6. Sir, with all due respect but you still do not see anything wrong with this misleading statement? You can enter the world of "advanced algorithmic trading", like the advanced algorithmic trading that hedge funds, sell side investment banks, and high frequency trading houses perform. And that all without programming experience? Would you kindly share with us then the reason why all those above firms invest millions of dollars into their technology and into hiring expensive coders if they could just sign up for the infamous BAT System? They must all be stupid to pass up such great deal and instead build stuff from scratch and piece expensive software applications and source code together.

#26     Jul 18, 2012
  7. I filed a complaint with the moderators of ET and have no issue to point financial industry regulators to the claims you are making here because you are grossly misleading people and you exactly know that. Your performance numbers are inaccurate in the context you describe, and your claim here is not even borderline hilarious anymore. Its a poor attempt at fishing money out of the pockets of the completely uninformed and desperate.

Here goes: "Moderators, despite this being a sponsor but this is borderline illegal and claims like this are nothing but misleading beginners and the uninformed into signing up for a product that clearly does not deliver what is promised here. I have no problem pointing financial regulators to this company because I think they are reaching a point where their posts cannot be considered prudent advertisement anymore but an aggregation of false claims. I would appreciate it if we can all remain at least ethical to a certain point but what this company is doing is way beyond any ethical boundaries. "

#27     Jul 18, 2012
  8. ForAPlus

ForAPlus

Was this in response to my query "who are you?"

If no, then I'm still awaiting for response.

If yes, then this isn't an actual answer. Since all it tells me is that JC Trading = the BAT System, but not who actually either of these two parties are.

What's your address. Where are you incorporated. Who are the principals and their names?

These are very basic question that EVERY company on earth (with obvious exceptions, but I'm not passing judgment on you) are happy to answer.

#28     Jul 18, 2012
  9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

He said the purpose was to let regular traders start algo trading, i.e. beginners. In other words, their BAT system is for traders who want to try auto trading without having to build their own system from scratch. He didn't say anything about this being a product for hedge funds. So your entire question about why an institution would spend millions building their own system is completely pointless and irrelevant. Plus, the fact you are sitting here arguing about the validity, performance, and features of a system you haven't even tried yourself is pretty stupid.

Yeah, well your complaint is DENIED and it's going right where it deserves to go, which is straight in the recycle bin.

Now if you want to continue down this road of posting nothing but negativity and baseless allegations, you'll be banned. End of story.

#29     Jul 18, 2012
  10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

JC Trading Group has been a sponsor of Elite Trader for many years. Their physical address and their phone / fax numbers are located at the bottom of every single page on their website and also on their Contact Us page.

#30     Jul 18, 2012