Introducing FREE MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition

Discussion in 'Events' started by Stan_MultiCharts, Apr 8, 2013.

1. #51     Apr 23, 2013
  2. hftvol

hftvol

My prediction is this product will die in half a years time for lack of interest. 2 Symbols. The fools laughed at me for my critical stance, let's see who turns out to be right in the end.

#52     Apr 23, 2013
  3. I think it will do really well if they make the switching of which 2 symbols are active a more user friendly experience.

Like, you go to add a chart with a 3rd symbol, a popup then asks which two of three would you like to use, the odd one out then gets removed from the workspace and QuoteManager.

#53     Apr 23, 2013
  4. hftvol is very upset.

#54     Apr 23, 2013
  5. hftvol

hftvol

Not at all but I find this new product one of the most ridiculous offerings in the past couple years. If you find this satisfies your needs then this only speaks to your sophistication level. Cheers.

#55     Apr 23, 2013
  6. I will go with hftvol on this one. Among my 3 brokerage accounts, I have access to Sierra Chart (Velocity Futures - no cost platform) and TradeStation (again, no cost). I did download and install this version of MC out of curiosity, but I do think it is unusable with that 2 symbol limit.

I think a lot of people are missing the point (if you are a Futures trader, at least), and that is data. No cost, tick by tick data at zero hassle. MultiCharts looks like a good platform, but fails miserably on this account. Both with TS & SC, I open a damn chart, and all data is there, quickly, without me having to do any jump through hoops or shell out money. My commission should be enough to get all that at no cost, and it is

#56     Apr 23, 2013
  7. I can tell :)

#57     Apr 23, 2013
  8. mspkash1

mspkash1

Does MC have a trade analysis feature like ninja trader? This is one feature that needs to be if I'm going to spend money on it. NT can show me all my trades, profit/loss $, and all kinds of cool charts about the trades that you made..

#58     Apr 23, 2013
  9. ABCTG

ABCTG

Yes, for manual and automated trades.

#59     Apr 23, 2013
  10. hftvol

hftvol

Let's be patient, chap. Let's see who is gonna pull another product in the middle of the night when the fog is the densest. But hey, if people do not like it they can just upgrade in exchange for a little pocket money in the amount of USD 1300. And if anyone would follow the logic of your marketing head then for a measly 9999 USD they can even connect to bloomberg or reuters data feeds. Heck, seriously, did you even sell one single license of that version? Who in their right mind would ever run a bloomberg feed and then rely on MultiCharts for all order and risk management, position management, cancellations, error handling. Sorry but it makes me shiver only when I think of it. I hope your freebie hunting clients will appreciate your 2 symbol catch-the-rest type of version.

As long as you label it for what it really is (a "we limit you to such extent that after a few hours you either curse and kick the PC or upgrade to our paid version) then no harm done. Unfortunately you make it sound as if this version is the newly found holy grail for all newbie ELITE-traders. I am not upset, I merely help to inform in the same way as you inform in this thread. So far I have not heard that sponsors can purchase whole threads.

#60     Apr 23, 2013