Introducing FREE MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition

Discussion in 'Events' started by Stan_MultiCharts, Apr 8, 2013.

1. hftvol

hftvol

a chance to whom? The guys who trade 1 symbol? Yes they will benefit from this new version. Everyone else will not.

#41     Apr 17, 2013
  2. It has a built-in license which is the same for everyone. To the best of my knowledge it doesn't call anywhere since there's no need.

#42     Apr 18, 2013
  3. Glad to see you back in action. We'll be improving the Scanner in MultiCharts so you can set the criteria for different symbols and see the results, right now it's more of a watchboard where you can sort through instruments that you add manually to it.

.NET is required, not sure how to get around that.

Since it's a Windows app, it should run fine on most emulators... We have many customers that use VMWare which works fine. I assume Wine should be similar.

#43     Apr 18, 2013
  4. Thanks! MCDT is still usable by people that have it - we just stopped updating it. Right now people can simply switch to MCSE at no cost and gain more functionality.

#44     Apr 18, 2013
  5. #45     Apr 18, 2013
  6. maxpi

maxpi

The Tradestation Radarscreen is what I'm after, sans EZLanguage.. I used TS7 at one point and it was elegant. I could copy/paste a list of symbols and it would very quickly load the historical data for each one and start sorting symbols (up to a thousand of them) according to indicators I had programmed.

#46     Apr 18, 2013
  7. SteveH

SteveH

Stan,

Honestly, setting the color of a candle body should be one simple function call.

I appreciate the free software, but working with this C# library is about as much fun as having to interact with a COM library in straight C code.

#47     Apr 18, 2013
  8. That's coming either in MC 8.7 or 9.0. You can always check our public Project Management page for a complete roadmap, and add your own items - http://www.multicharts.com/pm/.

#48     Apr 18, 2013
  9. It's probably not perfect :) But that's how they designed it. You leave your improvement feature request here - http://www.multicharts.com/pm/.

#49     Apr 18, 2013
  10. Again, it's not EXACTLY the same thing, but you can achieve pretty much same level of automation by opening 5 instances and in each instance press Ctrl+O and choose your bundle of workspaces for that instance. Unless you do this multiple times a day, you may spend an extra 20 seconds per day doing it our way :)

#50     Apr 18, 2013