Introducing FREE MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition

Discussion in 'Events' started by Stan_MultiCharts, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Yes, you can do LIVE execution on 2 symbols AT A TIME. You can always delete one or two of your existing ones, and trade on some other ones.

#31     Apr 17, 2013
  2. Correct, there's a 30-day unlimited trial of the full version. There's also a free version that works forever. You can even have them both running at the same time to compare, if you want.

#32     Apr 17, 2013
  3. gmst

gmst

This is better design compared to what TS has. MC design is similar to what Bloomberg has when you hit BLP.

#33     Apr 17, 2013
  4. Now lets not get too carried away here... what you offer is not comparable with Bloomberg.

#34     Apr 17, 2013
  5. gmst

gmst

LOL :D :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

#35     Apr 17, 2013
  6. You are quite right :) but it has free quotes, charts and a place to talk to other people without paying for professional Bloomberg. Again, helping out the little guy.

#36     Apr 17, 2013
  7. schuler

schuler

@Stan_Multicharts,

Quick question: Does MCSE call home (e.g., to verify license) as does NinjnaTrader?

Forgive my paranoia;-)

Cheers.

#37     Apr 17, 2013
  8. maxpi

maxpi

This multicharts, programmable in C, this is a good thing. I've missed my TS2000i ever since the day I trashed it [not that I've missed Easy Language..] It was designed for use with a DTN satellite feed and I didn't want that.. but that scanner was called "RadarScreen" by TS and I missed it dearly. I started trading futs and didn't need a scanner but my stock trading spirit has come back from the dead now that I see a scanner like RadarScreen and programmability in C.. yesss!

Could you make the next version not require .net like Sierracharts is doing? Less moving parts is greater reliability and less problems.

Edit: can't seem to make it run on Linux using Wine.. is that normal?

#38     Apr 17, 2013
  9. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Impressive and strong step in the evolution of the MultiCharts products. I recognize some people are disappointed that earlier produts were discontinued; I say give the new MultiCharts .Net Starter Edition a chance.

#39     Apr 17, 2013
  10. “You don't need to reopen workspaces manually in MultiCharts, you can have them open automatically. Moreover, each chart can be detached from its workspace and dragged to any screen (and pinned to be shown always if you like). As you flip workspaces, each chart will remember its new spot on you screen and return there when you make the workspace active again.”

I do not see how this substitutes for desktops? I already use 1 instance of MC that auto opens my workspaces. I do not see in the doc where it can be done with 2 instances?

These are the 5 TS desktops I use every day:

Desktop 11 – opens 6 workspaces automatically
    Desktop 12 – opens 3 workspaces automatically
    Desktop 13 – opens 7 workspaces automatically
    Desktop 14 – opens 2 workspaces automatically
    Desktop 15 – opens 4 workspaces automatically

And you say Multicharts can mimic this TS function when I auto select all five desktops to be opened first thing in the morning? I am sorry I just do not see it in your documentation…

The last thing your crew doesn’t get is many of us in TS would PAY for the upgrade in Multicharts to get desktops as an enhancement. It is an important feature…

:confused: :confused:

#40     Apr 17, 2013