Introducing FREE MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition

Discussion in 'Events' started by Stan_MultiCharts, Apr 8, 2013.

1. WD40

WD40

Lots of bitter old men here. LOL

#21     Apr 16, 2013
  2. I am probably going to regret posting this but here goes:

What am I missing with regards to the 2 symbol limit? They have a product that they want people to try, that's why it's free, but they also need to run a business.

It gives the user an opportunity to try the software for free and see if it adds value to their bottom line.

What should it be, free with unlimited symbols? How do they make any money?

#22     Apr 17, 2013
  3. MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition has Point and Figure charts and connects to IB. It also has a 2 symbol limit, which works well for small cap investors.

#23     Apr 17, 2013
  4. Correct. You couldn't program indicators and strategies in MCDT, but you can in MCSE. You chart, backtest and even trade live up to two symbols at a time all for free.

#24     Apr 17, 2013
  5. gmst

gmst

Stan,

Can you do live execution on 2 symbols?

if yes, then it is a better deal compared to Ninja. With Ninja you can't do any real execution without paying for it.

Not sure what gripe some people have here. It is good to question vendors but the questions should be sensible. As another posted said, if they give everything free, how do they make money!!

#25     Apr 17, 2013
  6. Btw, for people looking for something similar (but not willing to pay 2.5k/month for Bloomberg), we have a FREE portal called TradingView. You can find it at www.tradingview.com.

That portal has free online charts, free real-time stock and FX data, EOD indices and futures and a community of traders that you can chat with in real time. There are also fundamentals for stocks, watchlists, hotlists and news - all for free as well.

#26     Apr 17, 2013
  7. MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition offers FULL FUNCTIONALITY. Period. The only limit is you can use up to two symbols. We think that's better for many traders because if you are mainly watching, let's say, SnP and EUR/USD, then you won't need to buy any platform to watch, test and trade them sim or live. This is sufficient for MANY small cap traders out there, and those are the guys that we are trying to help when they are getting started trading.

Who's to decide which free version is fairer than another one? It's completely subjective. There's already a free program out there with no trading, who's going to benefit from another one? Now traders can actually now use just one platform to do everything - watch, chart, backtest, trade live. Only for a couple of symbols though.

Just curious - if you "never touched any of those products" (which I take to include MC and NT), can you objectively judge the offering? I'm guessing not many people have 2.5k/month to spend on monthly charting/news/communication Bloomberg.

Also, can't understand why you felt so strongly about this topic that you put in the time to write a long negative post about MCSE? Why do you even care if you are a "happy Bloomberg camper"? Again, just curious.

#27     Apr 17, 2013
  8. Sorry, not sure where you heard that about the next release. We do have a public Project Management system (http://www.multicharts.com/pm/) where people can post bugs and feature requests. You can then track your entry and its status - i.e. whether it's being considered or rejected, and which release it's scheduled for.

You don't need to reopen workspaces manually in MultiCharts, you can have them open automatically. Moreover, each chart can be detached from its workspace and dragged to any screen (and pinned to be shown always if you like). As you flip workspaces, each chart will remember its new spot on you screen and return there when you make the workspace active again.

There are no immediate plans to build what TradeStation has - there are pros and cons to our approach and to theirs. We'd probably get a lot more complaints from existing users if we switched that behavior now.

#28     Apr 17, 2013
  9. Our support is here to help with any specific questions - http://www.multicharts.com/support/contact/. Live Chat is the best option for fastest and most accurate answers.

Two symbols is the limitation for the free version - if you are ready for more, chances are you can afford to purchase a full license.

#29     Apr 17, 2013
  10. Ahem... I don't particularly care for MC, but if someone wanted to evaluate the software without the 2 symbol limit, there is 30-day limited trial full version, No?

If so, then what's the problemo? :confused:

#30     Apr 17, 2013