Introducing FREE MultiCharts .NET Starter Edition

Discussion in 'Events' started by Stan_MultiCharts, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Although it's subjective, I'm not a big fan of the autoemails going out now. Going to revamp them and focus on making them more support-oriented and friendly.

#11     Apr 11, 2013
  2. Will this give point and figure charts? And I hope it is more than two symbols. Will it pick up data from IB?

#12     Apr 12, 2013
  3. You say on your site: "Enjoy all features of regular MultiCharts .NET and use up to two symbols at a time absolutely free. "

Does it mean that one can program indicators and strategies in it? That was not possible in the DT version if I recall it correctly.

#13     Apr 12, 2013
  4. ofthomas

ofthomas

correct, download and test it... no sense on posting to ask what you could have found out on your own.

#14     Apr 12, 2013
  5. hftvol

hftvol

Still no official comment on this ridiculous 2 symbol limit? Is this a joke?

To be honest my read of this whole escapade regarding MultiCharts "Discretionary Traders" and now this touted version is as follows:

The free Discretionary Version that was introduced a while ago was hugely successful, indeed so successful that it cannibalized sales. Those who would have purchased monthly subscriptions or paid for the entry-level (not sure what is not entry level about a charting package) would then have simply used the Discretionary Trader version. Most do not need to program functions and formulae so that version did just fine. The funny thing was that that version pretty much disappeared overnight, no warning, no advanced notice, no nothing. It just went away.

Now MultiCharts is coming out with a new version that has all the limitations (non compatibility with a host of data sets between this free version and the paid licenses for no other apparent reason than just making it as hard as possible to ever move from the paid version to the free version; and a ridiculous limit to even maintain more than 2 symbols in the symbol database, let alone display them on a chart). Do you guys really believe their story? I think its complete bogus and utter nonsense.

I think a fair free version is FULL FUNCTIONALITY except trading and execution capabilities. Limiting one to 2 symbols makes me only pissed off and upset and after a few seconds chuckle at the completely unprofessional and inexperienced marketing head behind this product who seemingly does not understand at all what customers want.

I have never touched any of those products, my first and last chart package I ever purchased was Amibroker and that was a while ago for quick home use, otherwise I am a happy Bloomberg camper. Which idiot pays more than 1000 dollars for a charting software anyway? It is a graphical representation of prices, stupid!!! Nothing more. Are there really idiots out there who got scammed into paying more than 1000 dollars for their pipe dream?

#15     Apr 14, 2013
  6. Not attacking you, but serious question: what does Bloomberg offer you that's worth the cost?

You're putting people down for dropping over a grand on MC, but if I recall, Bloomberg can cost well over that amount monthly and that's just a price/chart/news platform.

#16     Apr 14, 2013
  7. hftvol

hftvol

I question people who drop a grand for a charting package and I would never use BBG if it was for charting, only. Among the many other functions BBG provides...

(such as an API that I can use within Excel) and market data aggregation that hardly anyone else offers to this extent (not as feed handler but to access pricing data; I would be majorly turned off if I wanted to check on prices of Nikkei, Hang Seng, Kospi, EuroStoxxt 50, Dax, SPX, and other indexes or futures and had to change between different platforms. Interactive Brokers has such connectivity, however, try to pull up a quick historical chart with IB as data source and you know what I am talking about, missing backfills, long waits because of time outs, data backfill limitations...),

...the feature I appreciate the most and am willing to pay for is the chat function where I connect with tons of people in the industry, ex coworkers, previous bosses, other traders, broker dealers, you name it. To stay networked you sometimes gotta pay for it, and I would say the network ability at BBG comes at a very reasonable price.

#17     Apr 15, 2013
  8. Sorry but your reply was the same one I first heard in 2006 about desktops. It is useless. No one wants to keep opening multiple instances and opening and closing workspaces. This is stone age programming (I was in IT 40 years) used in the 1970s.

Right now I have 5 desktops open in TS with 26 workspaces with multiple markets. Imagine having to open and close these manually every time I turn on and off the computer.

Besides you missed my point. I was told repeated times “this feature will be added in the next release…”
    :mad:

#18     Apr 16, 2013
  9. hftvol

hftvol

With all respect but do you plan to comment on the concerns people have regarding this new version? Ignoring and not getting back to people in due time, given you run a business and solicit potential clients, is bad business practice. Can you please comment whether this 2 symbol limit will be lifted or not? Not being able to add more symbols is like getting into a car for a test drive but only being allowed to drive 2 or at max 3 meters to get a feel for the driving dynamics. Not only does it not convince any potential clients but it upsets clients because the intent to upsell is so blatantly obvious that I find it hard for clients to not feel BS-ed.

#19     Apr 16, 2013
  10. bat1

bat1

I can't figure it out

is there a video in how to use it?

why only 2 symbols????

My Scottrade elite platform has been doing OK

#20     Apr 16, 2013