Introducing Four EA's

Discussion in 'Forex' started by ElectricSavant, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmst,

Your welcome.

No I cannot post a backtest. I am not a backtester.
    I am a forward tester. Perhaps someone here can
    load these up and post a backtest. Meanwhile I will
    keep posting the forward test results and comments.

I do not have my previous forward test results to post.
    I guess I should have kept them. But at the time
    they were just for me and I had no idea I would start
    a thread. I have not forward tested this long enough
    to justify going live yet...

ES

#11     Jan 4, 2012
  2. gmst

gmst

Electric, Thanks for your quick revert on this.

I will be following up to see how EAs have been
    performing. It seems to me that you are a
    unstoppable machine as far as looking out
    for FX EAs are concerned. In your experience,
    how many EAs (both freely publicly available and
    private costing many dollars) actually work, and
    what kind of performance can you expect, say
    if you risk 3%-5% on each trade. Thanks.

Edit: I primarily trade FX in a discretionary fashion.
    Even though I have my own strategies to trade FX,
    I generally outperform them by trading discretionarily,
    by entering sometimes ahead of my signals and
    sometimes exiting based on PA rather on signal.
    So interested in hearing your views on what out
    is there as far as EAs are concerned.

#12     Jan 4, 2012
  3. gmst,

You have very kind words for me. That makes me feel good and Thank you. I struggle to stay positive about Forex. I have quit many times just to return. Am I a gambler? .. well yes. I am dealing with my sickness and EA's seem to take the emotion out of the thing.

Forex is a rigged game. So not only do you have to understand that there is not a set and forget type of EA, but you have to deal with thieves.

I am a member of many trading websites and that is probably how you seem to know me. My home base is right here in ET and I hope to share some more EA's this year here. Your handle "gmst" seems so familiar....I think I know you. At my age it is hard to keep a straight focus and I work on my memory everyday.

I think EliteTrader needs to expand their currency sub-forum and I am proud to moderate it. But I am a trader first and a moderator second.

Price action trading...I mean just trading from the quotes...no indicators...if you can master it...well gmst...you will surpass my trading abilities, because I have yet to master PA, even after all of these years.

Now back to your excellent questions. I really do not want to answer them with the truth as I want to be a motivator to other readers here, but you cut to the chase so I must answer you truthfully. I have not tested one EA that I can run 24/6 and made a profit and kept it.

I have another thread here with an EA that does not care ☺ (Super Money Grid)

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=233687

I have a private project that I am working on with a coder of C+ that is very exciting, but it is many lines of code. I am putting a lot of my hope in it and I feel fortunate to know this coder. We are in contact daily as he writes this complex program for us. As a matter of fact earlier this evening I had a very positive preliminary report that there is some reasonable success in his evaluation of the progress. There actually is a way to make money in this game, if the dealer allows you to.

No I have not given up..probably never will...I cannot give you any expectations as I do not know and I have not found...

ElectricIsaLoserGamblerHopelesslySearchingSavant

#13     Jan 4, 2012
  4. Well...

I woke up this AM to find some banked profit already...
    We are trading three of the EA's! ADX....Heiken Ashi
    and Fisher all have open trades! Bbands has been in and out with some profit.

Start Capital:
    $1,000.00
    # of Days Traded: 1 (Start = 01/04/12)

Profit:
    $28.96
    2.90%

Float:
    -$27.69
    -2.77%

NAV:
    0.13%

#14     Jan 4, 2012
  5. Fisher gave some profit

Start Capital:
    $1,000.00

Profit:
    $48.16
    4.82%

Float:
    -$37.01
    -3.70%

NAV:
    $11.15
    1.12%

#15     Jan 4, 2012
  6. The Heiken Ashi EA took some profit.

Start Capital:
    $1,000.00

Profit:
    $75.40
    7.54%

Float:
    -$65.20
    -6.52%

NAV:
    $10.20
    1.02%

#16     Jan 4, 2012
  7. Sitting with one open trade (ADX Cross) at the moment.

Start Capital:
    $1,000.00

Profit:
    $75.40
    7.54%

Float:
    -$48.85
    -4.89%

NAV:
    $26.55
    2.66%

see the below screenshot with balance-equity graph.
    [​IMG]

#17     Jan 4, 2012
  8. Balance - Equity indicator (from the public domain - MQL codebase)

#18     Jan 4, 2012
  9. Very quiet....(Probably because tomorrow is NFP)

[​IMG]

#19     Jan 5, 2012
  10. gmst

gmst

Hello,

Somehow this thread got lost yesterday, just saw it now. Thank you very much for your nice words. Its a rarity here :) I checked out your supermoney grid -- its interesting but its heavy on quant. I do not like the concept - not for me :) I prefer simple systems. I want systems that will make money every month, not go through prolong period of DD.

Thank you very much for being honest that you are yet to find a consistently profitable EA. That confirms my suspicion - as to why anyone will release a consistently profitable EA for general public for 100/200/300$ a month. It just doesn't make sense. Much better to raise 5k-10k on your credit card, borrow 10k from your dad/granny/gf and start trading with your initial 20k. With the leverage available in Fx, any EA worth its salt will make at least 20% a month, which is like 4k on 20k balance (heck even 10% pm is like 2k on 20k account). And then you can compound it and in less than a year your account should be > 100k. So, its a no-brainer as far as I am concerned that good consistently performing EAs will never be available publicly.

To put the thing in a more personal context, I have developed my own systems (more than 5 of them). And I will be ready to sell probably only 1 of them - and minimum cost would be USD 50k - probably sell it to only 2-4 people. If noone wants to buy, so be it. I don't care because I know I can compound it pretty quickly. Now if I can sell it to lets say only one guy, it gives me a bankroll of 50k, I know I can compound it after that at a minimum of 20% pm.

Basically, what I am saying is that I have systems which are very good - and I don't care at all to sell them. This is infact the first time that I have ever written anywhere that I might be willing to sell one of the systems. Anyone who is selling trading systems is not genuine or is not confident about his system's performance/longevity/consistency in the future. Only exception would be if someone has been trading for > 10 yrs and is a multi-millionaire and wants to give something back to the community, maybe he will release a real good system. Example that comes to mind is Turtle system.

Btw, about forex being a rigged game - its true. But if you are trading through an ECN (like IB) and trading <= 5 million per clip, it won't affect you. And if you do reach that size and beyond it, there are other ways in which you can trade FX. The broker problem arises only when you are trading against a bucketshop.

About knowing my handle, I have this handle only on ET. and I sometimes crawl through other trading websites, but have never posted elsewhere. Maybe you read some of my earlier post here itself.

Best wishes for your private C++ project. Hope it pans out well for you.

About trading forex, I sincerely believe it has been the toughest endeavor I have undertaken in my life so far. I have come out with flying colors in my earlier jobs/acads/exams et all, but this trading - OMG - I had no idea what hit me when I first started doing it. Only now after 2.5/3 yrs have I become consistent trading FX and I am still a consistent loser whenever I try trading ES. :) So yes my friend its really really hard. Frankly, I don't want anyone from my family to join this profession at least till the time I have mastered it and have been successful at it for > 3 yrs going forward and then can show them the ropes.

#20     Jan 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.