Introducing Cornerstone MTO (Member Trader Organization)

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Steve Dillinger, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Steve Dillinger

Steve Dillinger ET Sponsor

This is certainly the case for many places.

We do not tack on or otherwise profit from our platform fees. We would be happy to substantiate this to any member.

We don't nickle and dime members. It pisses me off when I have to deal with it (like flying) and I don't want to operate that way. What small money is made from the nickles is offset via distrust and bad blood IMO.

#51     Apr 22, 2008
  2. Steve Dillinger

Everyone pays retail execution fees if they are trading for their own account / benefit. The CME goes to extremes trying to make this clear, although I am sure they are still cheated by people.

#52     Apr 22, 2008
  3. :eek:

#53     Apr 22, 2008
  4. Can we operate a sub-LLC under your firm?

#54     Apr 22, 2008
  5. Steve Dillinger

No. However, if qualified, your members can become members here.

#55     Apr 22, 2008
  6. then why should i promote your firms to my group?

#56     Apr 22, 2008
  7. He's not asking you to promote them to your group. All he is trying to do is just let people know that his firm is out there and what the deal is they offer. They aren't trying to reinvent the wheel or the prop industry. They aren't saying they are the best prop firm, so far as I have noticed. They are just another Prop firm to choose from. If their deal doesn't appeal to you or isn't as good as another firms then just ingnore him and his thread. He isn't annoyingly posting numerous threads like that RKRadio guy that was on here 2 years ago trying to promote some Jamaican BD. Or trying to do a hard sell by posting in each and every thread on ET like Don Bright. If you are interested ask questions, otherwise just ignore him and his thread.

However I would like for Don Bright, since he likes to engage in dialogue with and about other firms to come on here and discuss the difference in Bright's rates and fees as compared to this firms. It would be entertaining for me to read:)

#57     Apr 22, 2008
  8. So here's where I see a disconnect.

Your biggest competitive advantage is that your are a member of CBOE so your traders don't need a Series 7.

Yet you are trying to get experienced profitable traders.

But most of those guys already have their Series 7 and are at firms that are quite competitive to you (comparable rates, and no $1000/month membership fee).

So it seems to me your advantages don't match your targeted group of traders.

You say you have intangible advantages, but that's not worth the risk of making a jump from another firm.

#58     Apr 22, 2008
  9. artis74

artis74

"You say you have intangible advantages"

Common Prop "Intangibles"

1)Tickets to local sporting events
    2)Smoothie person
    3)Massage person
    4)Game room with pool table, foos ball or ping pong table

This is just another huckster pitching his firm. Best of luck and keep in mind that any one who has run a prop knows all the same tricks you do.

#59     Apr 22, 2008
  10. I understand. I just want to see if his firm can offer something similar to Bright's affiliate program.

#60     Apr 22, 2008