Introducing broker for Interactive Brokers?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by SideShowBob, Feb 23, 2016.

1. I am looking for an introducing futures broker that supports trading at Interactive Brokers but only supports futures (not stocks, not options, not SSFs, etc.). The list on the IB website of introducing brokers is minimal and incomplete (and out of date as several links introducing brokers are dead).

Can anyone recommend an introducing broker for IB only supporting futures?

SSB

2. Why do you want to go through an introducing broker when you can go direct to IB?

3. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

We did that in 2015 but gave it up. For accounts that choose the fixed fees, we had to add a commission on top that, that some did not what to pay. In addition, the master sub-account structure places the introducing broker at the Master level. If you already set up a master/sub to manage money, we needed a third tier to cover the other two. Although that was installed, it was not working as needed yet. Might be better now. In general, there is not a big incentive to do this on the futures side for an introducing broker.

Why do you want to say with them, for the free reporting? I assume you want to use an introducing broker for the added support and cap intro. Is that true?

4. Employment restrictions - I can only use brokers that restrict to futures (and not SSFs)

5. rmorse

rmorse Sponsor

You can use an FCM though us like INTL FC stone. That would only be at a segregated futures account.

Email me your name and contact information with a brief description of what you want to do and I'll give you a call back to discuss.

Bob