introduce fundamentalist christian superstition to ignorant people. what do you get?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Quote from gigsup:

"The same rain falling upon all, good and evil. We all die. Time and unforeseen occurence befall us all.

That is where you and I differ, in that God is not the author of evil."

Isaiah 45:7: “I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil; I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.”

#51     Oct 20, 2009
  2. I wouldn't exactly call it that.......but you are moving in the right direction.

Comprende? You haven't told me what it is. Bullshit is not an acceptable answer.

#52     Oct 20, 2009

3. Yeah, I would say I am out of step with 95% of them, especially the organized hypocrites.

#53     Oct 20, 2009
  4. Not sure of the context on this Vhehn, but the record shows he brought destruction on Israel's enemies, if that is what you mean by evil.

#54     Oct 20, 2009
  5. And Zeus (reluctantly) was on the side of the Akhaians (Greeks) and Troy was destroyed.

Bow to Zeus you infidel!!!!

(If you think my post is silly, then you understand how silly yours looks to a lot of people here)

#55     Oct 20, 2009
  6. He quoted the Hebrew, just giving him an answer. I am fully aware of the atheists viewpoint and can partially understand "pieces"of it. I choose to believe otherwise, or in your words, "silly". After all , isn't this Politics and Religion?

#56     Oct 20, 2009
  7. kut2k2

kut2k2

Hell is whatever you, I, or anybody else wants it to be. Unless you can tell me who specifically first wrote about hell, you don't have an original source.

If we were discussing fiction, by which I mean a story that is factually false but was never purported to be true, then we could argue about what's "true" or "untrue" about the original author's content and perhaps even his intended message. But we aren't discussing fiction, we are discussing LIES: deliberately false stories that are purported to be true. And you can't even point to the specific origin of the lie about hell, like you can with Joseph Smith about Mormonism or L. Ron Hubbard about Scientology. The LIE is just there, to be individually interpreted and reinterpreted and "misinterpreted" and twisted any which way the current generation of fabulists wish to transmit it to the next generation.

Lies beget other lies faster than insects can reproduce.

#57     Oct 20, 2009

8. I still don't have an answer. So far, you have offered the "bullshit" and the "lies."

#58     Oct 20, 2009
  9. kut2k2

kut2k2

I gave you an answer. Just because you don't like what you've heard, that's not the same as not being given an answer. If you already have an answer in mind, you don't need me to validate it for you. Just believe it.

But what really troubles you is that the rest of the world won't fall in line with your particular set of beliefs. Welcome to the human race.

#59     Oct 20, 2009
  10. Imputing wrong motives are we? Not troubled in the least, anymore than you are. Any study of religion would have given you the answer.

#60     Oct 20, 2009