introduce fundamentalist christian superstition to ignorant people. what do you get?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Obviously you are free to believe what you will, but your above referenced statement is uninformed and incorrect.

#11     Oct 18, 2009
  2. how did you fools come to rule this forum?

... a discrimination lawsuit or something?

#12     Oct 18, 2009

3. Wrong. Jehovah or "the tetragrammaton"," the great unspeakable name" was the God of Abraham, not Allah.

#13     Oct 18, 2009
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Word games. The god of Abraham is known as Jehovah to the Christians, as Yahweh to the Jews, and as Allah to the Muslims.

What, you never heard of aliases? :D

#14     Oct 18, 2009
  5. give me your concise definition of "god" ...

I'll accept a "scam", "poser", "charalatan" ....

and then I'll crucify you

#15     Oct 18, 2009
  6. YHWH = the tetragrammaton.

However, if you find that a fairy tale, this conversation is pointless.:cool:

#16     Oct 18, 2009
  7. You are correct.........If any of us in this thread gives OUR own definition of G-D, then it becomes a non-god...... a"scam", a "poser" and an idol.........

His definition would be as He told Moses "..I AM THAT I AM..."

#17     Oct 18, 2009
  8. kut2k2

kut2k2

Concise? That's part of the problem. There's so much controversy among humans over god(s) that a concise definition will not do.

Acknowledging upfront the folly of defining something I don't believe in to a true believer, I found the following definitions to be more complete and unbiased than any others. All credit goes to the original poster on usenet.

god
    1. An alleged sentient being with supernatural powers or attributes which is deemed worthy of worship by one or more human beings because he, she, or it (the god in question) is believed to grant wishes ("answer prayers") when approached with the proper attitude and ritual(s), typically including a sacrifice.
    2. An alleged personification of some part of nature, e.g., a god of fire.
    3. A male god, as distinguished from a goddess (female god).

God; the God
    A god believed to be either the most important god (henotheism) or the only true god (monotheism) and therefore the only god worthy of worship. For monotheists, the God is invariably the creator of the world/universe and possesses some or all of the infinite attributes (omnipotence, omniscience, omnibenevolence, ubiquity, and eternity).

#18     Oct 19, 2009
  9. dsq

dsq

L RON HUBBARD is GOD...you silly luddites...

#19     Oct 19, 2009
  10. stu

stu

It's someone else's invisible friend.
    Go crucify... them.

#20     Oct 19, 2009