Intrade CEO dies on Mount Everest

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, May 26, 2011.

1. Mav88

Mav88

The good ol' trite and retarded ET comeback used when one loses the real argument, fits you perfectly.

honestly, what's to admire? Determination?

Trivial self gratification- anyone can and has done it if they want to, also if the have the cash and get permission. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4774989.stm

#81     May 29, 2011
  2. jprad

jprad

Different opinions are fine.

Where people like Cutten lose in my book is by making it personal when someone has the temerity to not share his opinion on the matter.

#82     May 29, 2011
  3. There are 6 billion people on earth and less than 3,000 have climbed it. Some of them more than once.

I take it you do not like mountaineering?:p

You have now proven that you are statistically and mentally a frog.:D

Change is not necessary. Survival is not mandatory. Climbing above 8,000 meters is optional, for some. I didn't see any frogs up there.:eek:

#83     May 29, 2011
  4. Mav88

Mav88

and 5.999997 billion people don't give a shit

Not true, what I don't like is people beating their chest telling me it's noble. It's meaningless.

Without looking it up, can you tell me who holds any type of kitesurfing record? how could one not even be aware of such a 'noble' accomplishment

nothing has been proven other than you have an unjustified sense of self importance.

You liked to make wild conjectures about the dead CEO and myself, so I'll make one. The only opinion that matters right now is his wife's, so here's to hoping that since he was too self absorbed to call of his climbing, then maybe he was such a prick that his wife is actually glad. Maybe she can go out and marry a better father for the child and both mother and daughter will be better off.

#84     May 30, 2011
  5. I bet she's pretty too.

#85     May 30, 2011
  6. Eight

Eight

I sort of admire people that do very dangerous things, they show us what the limits are and we can compare our skill set with them and have an idea what our own limits might be. There might be some nobility of character shown by what they do...

I look at people around me that lead very unhealthy lifestyles in a similar light but without the admiration...

#86     May 30, 2011