Intrade CEO dies on Mount Everest

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, May 26, 2011.

1. This is a private matter of the climber and of his family. It isn't anybody else's business to judge a dead man, that lived life to the fullest it seems, that can't defend himself, and/or evaluate him in any form whatsoever for whatever he did. Specially if the "evaluator" is by all probabilities and odds, a cockroach in comparison.

#41     May 27, 2011
  2. That cuts both ways, since those who immediately aggrandized the nature of his death rendered their own judgment. I never passed judgment on his life. I merely summarized the facts surrounding his death as they are known here thus far.

As for it being a private matter, perhaps we should choose not to speculate about that which we don't know:
    And then, of course, there is the tiger and lamb dichotomy...

#42     May 27, 2011
  3. How would you go climbing Mount Everest when she has your balls in a jar on her mantlepiece?

#43     May 27, 2011
  4. Why? In the past men were often out waging war, building empires, or hunting wooly mammoths while the women were giving birth back home. What's up with this wimpy emasculated bullshit about standing around uselessly while nurses help your woman give birth? That's the very definition of being at a loose end, your presence can't assist in any aspect of childbirth, so just let others get on with it.

#44     May 27, 2011
  5. Exactly. If I could come up with those two possibilities, imagine the billions of other reasons and circumstances that are possible, yet. I wasn't directing the "attack" at you, but at others passing judgment, on a dead man, that did nothing illegal, in something that really is none of their business.

#45     May 27, 2011
  6. No - because you could die in any given year or decade before you get to have your 'tiger life'. And it's harder to be a tiger when you are older. This guy was in his 40s already, that's middle age, not much longer and he is a 50+ old man.

As Buffett says, don't save having sex for your old age.

#46     May 27, 2011
  7. Not just this website. Every site that carries this story has legions of armchair generals in the comment section, casting aspersions on this fellow.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt

#47     May 27, 2011
  8. No he didn't - he acted according to his nature, which his wife would have known about before she got married to him. In fact, knowing the way most women are, she probably married him exactly *because* he was a go-getting risk-taker.

He had 3 kids and probably has left her a fair bit of money, she can always find another husband and the family is provided for until then.

Also, I don't recall him asking for your sympathy.

#48     May 27, 2011
  9. antaram

antaram

i'm very happy with the current location of my balls

i have 3 kids and was present during all the deliveries, first delivery lasted 23 hours, we were minutes away from going into surgery, even after the baby came out they had to take her away from us for several days and we could only hold her for feeding

second delivery had some complications too, but not as bad as the last one, where the doctor had to push the emergency button and we had 6 more doctors and nurses rushing into the room to thankfully save the baby and probably my wife too, after that we decided we had enough

in the united states these risks are not that high, but still

look, i love trading, gambling, fighting and all, but he should have been with her at this time

#49     May 27, 2011
  10. Sexual experience has diminishing returns after age 45.

#50     May 27, 2011