Intrade CEO dies on Mount Everest

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, May 26, 2011.

1. Psychologists refer to it as displacement.

I must admit I'm guilty of it too. This includes the recurring vision of caps on backwards, empty Mountain Dew cans everywhere, a mouse house account, shooting anything that moves, exciting and exiting over chump change (to gratify the ego) OR............blaming someone else (protecting the ego) when "it" moves in the other direction. When they finally blow account their account, POOF they disappear. Only to be replaced by more.

As for the topic at hand, the guy had the gonads to attempt it not once but twice. He died pursuing a goal the majority of us will never attempt. That includes me. To paraphrase John Cougar, that's living life close to the bone. I would imagine he left his wife (and family) a decent estate. She can re-marry. He can't.

#31     May 26, 2011
  2. Mouse house account? What kinda lingo you talk?

#32     May 26, 2011

3. Lingo?

Eh........the kind of brokerage where customers concern themselves more with the five free trades rather than their fills (amongst a host of other naive and mis-guided aspects).

Perhaps you might consider focusing upon the topic at hand. Just a thought.

Now allow me to uncheck the e-mail notification box. Outta sight, outta mind.

#33     May 26, 2011
  4. the odds of survival are worse than the odds of an astronaut coming back in one piece but are slightly better than the odds in Russian roulette.

#34     May 26, 2011
  5. jprad

jprad

It's okay to be a tiger when you're single as they're solitary animals. But, once you're MWC, you should defend your pride as a lion does.

I feel bad for his wife and kids, but he was acting like a selfish idiot, no sympathy for him.

#35     May 26, 2011
  6. Is there anyway this could be suicide? Intrade had never made a profit and volume on Intrade was severely down. Maybe he had an an insurance policy and thought his kids would be better off if he were dead. I have no evidence that he committed suicide, and am just throwing it out there as a possibility.

#36     May 26, 2011
  7. Why don't you go to Nepal and check first-hand and let us know.

#37     May 26, 2011
  8. :D :D :D

#38     May 27, 2011
  9. I would imagine there are other options.

#39     May 27, 2011
  10. That may be, but there are several people here aggrandizing the nature of his death despite also not knowing his circumstances. Meanwhile, we all know this: a wife is without a husband and a infant no longer has a father because a man chose to engage in what appears to be gratuitous risk. Let me know if more new information becomes available so that we can add to the facts.

#40     May 27, 2011