Intrade CEO dies on Mount Everest

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, May 26, 2011.

1. What if he had been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and the wife told him to go and do it.

The window of time for that particular climb is very narrow...and yes it is in May...while the snow is still hard, but it isn't too cold...

It seems you are the actual egotistical judgmental dumbass, if that new info I gave you were true. No?.

#21     May 26, 2011
  2. I think most Everest ascents have to take place in a short April/May window for weather reasons.

#22     May 26, 2011
  3. The world of online gambing /prediction markets is full of shady characters.

#23     May 26, 2011
  4. better live the full lifetime as a lamb and then die as a tiger than live a half-lifetime as a lamb and die as a tiger.

#24     May 26, 2011
  5. You have to put a deposit and there is most likely a waiting list with a decent guide... This was probably set in motion long before he found out about the pregnancy..

I am assuming he also trained heavily for the climb, considering he failed previously.

He will remain on the top of the mountain, frozen in time forever, not that bad of a way to go out..

#25     May 26, 2011
  6. Maybe the guy always hated old people and didn't want to become one himself.

#26     May 26, 2011
  7. olias

olias

Not 'everyone' does that. But this a good litmus test for how evolved a person is. The type of people who jump right in and make fun of the guy or put him down obviously have their own self-esteem issues. They need to put others down in order to feel better about themselves.

An evolved person realizes that they don't know his circumstances or what his thought process was and has no desire to cast judgement on the guy.

You see it time and time again on this website.

#27     May 26, 2011
  8. Visaria

Visaria

:D

#28     May 26, 2011
  9. Visaria

Visaria

Hmmm, so by being a CEO of Intrade, he was a lamb and by climbing Everest he was a tiger.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

#29     May 26, 2011
  10. antaram

antaram

after finding out its not his child he jumped off the higherst place he could get to

#30     May 26, 2011