Intrade CEO dies on Mount Everest

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by turkeyneck, May 26, 2011.

1. What a responsible husband to participate in a high risk activity when the wife was expecting a child...

John Delaney, founder and CEO of Intrade, the prediction market, has died while trying to climb Mt. Everest.

He was less than 50 meters from the top, according to the Daily Mail.

Even sadder: Delaney never got to hear the news that his wife had just given birth to a baby daughter, Hope.

It was Delaney's second attempt to climb Everest, according to the Daily Mail. He was 42.

http://www.businessinsider.com/intrade-founder-john-delaney-dies-on-mt-everest-2011-5

[​IMG]

2. They always go in 3's, I thought we made it already.

3. The guy was likely a workaholic and the kid wouldnt have seen him much anyway. At least he has money that his wife wont have to work. Kid will probably grow up just the same as if his dad was still there.

4. Visaria

Visaria

Well, that's ok then. All worked out for the best!!!

5. Visaria you owe me a new keyboard and coffee mug.

6. Better to live a day as a tiger than a lifetime as a lamb.

7. Well, just because one doesnt climb or attempt to climb Mt Everest doesn't make them a lamb necessarily....although I get your point.

:)

8. antaram

antaram

my wife would have killed me herself if i went climbing mount everest while she was giving birth to our child

9. newtoet

newtoet

We all make bad decisions and do stupid things. RIP.

10. So he got within 50 meters of the top. That's closer than most here will ever get to. Full respects to the guy.

Did he reach the top and died on the way down or he died before reaching the top?.

#10     May 26, 2011