Intraday volatility

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Jun 26, 2018.

1. TTT

TTT

Speak over intraday volatility

2. TTT

TTT

how to know which days it is better not to operate

3. Greenish - you trade;redish - you don`t trade.

4. TTT

TTT

If I trade I am also consistent but I have not yet achieved it in the intraday. the system that I have is very good but I just need to know what days it is better not to operate because the market is lateral.

5. TTT

TTT

I would appreciate that some futures trader could help me

6. maxinger

maxinger

This question has been asked thousands of times.

I don't know which financial instruments you are trading.

For me, my mindset is :

EVERYDAY IS A GOOD DAY FOR TRADING.

Only exception is Saturday, Sunday & holiday where market is closed.

If mindset is not right, no way to earn $$$.

The more we try to improve our trading precision or odd in our favor or probability of success,
    the more $$$ we loose.
    That's why some people back test thousands and thousands of times trying to aim for 100% accuracy system.

SO? Keep it SIMPLE

By the way, you are going to get diffferent answer & different opinion.
    So do your own research.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    AlphaTango and CALLumbus like this.
  7. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

You're doing better than most.

Keep using your system that's very good. There's no need to worry about anything else.

Too many people are profitable for a small duration but they just aren't satisfied...they then start tweaking their very good trade system until it breaks...they then become unprofitable.

wrbtrader

8. Sounds like you're trying to "filter out losing trades".

Well, FUGGETABOUTIT! No way to do so effectively.

(I'm ready for the peanut gallery to chime in on this and tell me I'm "full of it".)

:)

9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I just put the phrase technical analysis volatility intraday into a search engine, and came out with 8 gabillion results. (That's an 8, followed by :wtf::wtf::wtf:,:wtf::wtf::wtf:,:wtf::wtf::wtf:,:wtf::wtf::wtf: if you must know.) If you have a question after doing that, do post it!

:D

10. TTT

TTT

Thank you all for your help and your advice, in reality you never know how long an intraday trend will last, nobody knows the future so it is best to manage the position as best you can.
    You have to try that the positive trades are much more frequent than the negative, I have spent many years investing in actions in the medium term but now I feel like going to the next level

#10     Jun 27, 2018
    _eug_ likes this.