intraday TRIN alert...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GreenDog, Mar 4, 2003.

1. careful on the short side into the close... TRIN 3.4 and rising as of 12:15 PST.

... potential to ride a nice squeeze during the last 10 minutes.

(what an f-ing day today!!! been partying like it was 1999).

$$ dog

2. Nordic

Nordic

I'll second that!

3. Keep trying Greenie... One fine day you may even get it right and then you will claim your bragging rights for the rest of your life.:D

For the time being, however, you can be used only as a pretty reliable contrarian indicator. But that's not bad because most people are not useful for anything.

4. opm8

opm8

Why do you people bother? Trying to groom for a CNBC job or something?

--opm8

5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Generally when the TRIN has stayed very high all day you will see strong selling into the close (usually stronger then we had today). If the TRIN stays very low all day (say .5 or less) you will see good buying into the close. I have found that extreme points in the TRIN are much less reliable unless they get down to say .2ish or +4ish .

Brandon

6. Brandon,

Good insight, I agree.

7. predictions?

bragging rights?

CNBC?

TRIN bs from "brandon?"

First of all, it wasn't a "prediction."

Second, brandon, your musings on TRIN are incorrect.

... it occurs to me now that people probably actually scour this site during the trading day desperately searching for the daily holy grail. My mistake for the post -- just posting a friendly heads up.

dog

:cool:

• mm2.gif
      File size:
      66.7 KB
      Views:
  8. You need work on comprehending others' posts as well. My post indicated at the time that trin was 3 point something and rising. In fact, TRIN went from about 1.2 steadily up to a high of 3.74 today. This can lead to a squeeze.

Also, one does not need a roadmap to locate a short squeeze -- when it happens, it's OBVIOUS. And if it doesn't, then you don't play it -- very simple "brandon."

For a "dude w/ a website", brandon, I'd expect you to be a little more astute (I don't know why actually). Rather than searching ET for nuggets for your website, maybe a little remedial trading work is in order.

Your Pal,

the Dog

(I can't help myself sometimes -- morons w/ websites are so easy to toy with):cool:

9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

If its so obvious to you, which btw I do agree they generally are, why are you using the TRIN? When the TRIN is very strong all day, the momentum will continue into the close most of the time.

Brandon

10. VictorS

VictorS

Well, thanks Greendog. Some of us understand your intention
    and appreciate your effort.

#10     Mar 4, 2003