Intraday Trading Practice Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Rrail, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Rrail

Rrail

I'll be headed overseas soon on a deployment, and won't have any kind of real internet during my time there. I'm spending my time educating myself on finance, and want to have some sort of real-time stock market simulator there with me that I can play with. Googleing has returned one result; RapidSP. While this program definitely appears to fit the bill, the website makes it feel less than legitamite and was hoping that either a) someone on here has used it and can validate it as a useful tool or b) someone has another option for me.

I did a search on these forums, however, one post it returned was extremely brief (though did appear to confirm it is legitimate software) and the other mentioned that it didn't allow you to watch selling volume when you were doing the trading. As I said before, I'm trying to get something that will accurately simulate intraday trading of the market so that I can practice the fundamental techniques of technical analysis.

As I said before, I will have no internet, and basically just my one laptop and a pile of books where I am going. I want to practice technical analysis and would love some suggestions on software that I can use. I'm ready to buy this RapidSP program but at $100, I figured it was best to pose a question to those more knowledgeable than me first.