Intraday trading is easy

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Nov 7, 2018.

1. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

Show us your chart setup then? I do know that if you trade the currency markets there isn't much money moving around this week. It's the first week of the month, any seasoned trader knows you'll be watching and planning around this time. I received 3 signals this week so far and only one was worth trading. I'm usually up to 15 tradable signals by Wednesday if trading 3 pairs.

#11     Nov 7, 2018
    TTT likes this.
  2. Palindrome

Palindrome

wide stops, not trading too short term. That's what made me get very profitable. The real short term intraday stuff...very very difficult. longer time frames, wider stops that helped me alot.

#12     Nov 7, 2018
    TTT likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Sep 23rd. 2018 ---> "I am profitable doing swing trading and I will not change easily."

Nov 7th. 2018 ---> "(Daytrading is) so simple that now when I look back I laugh."

*days of future passed*
    Dec 10th. 2018? ---> "Daytrading is very difficult, I am going back to swing trading, it worked for me in the past. I don't understand why I ever stopped it and tried to daytrade".

Time will tell?

#13     Nov 7, 2018
    TTT likes this.
  4. TTT

TTT

Hello simplemelike, you simply have to know the market trend and you should know how to wait most of the time.
    If the trend is bullish, always wait for a price drop to enter long in favor of the trend.
    Do not open many contracts, you must be calm, excessive leverage does not help.
    Low leverage allows for more distant stops.
    At first if you operate as says palindrome, it will be much easier for you.
    Open operations always in the turns, you should not run behind the price.
    You must be like a lion waiting for its prey.
    Attack only when you know you have many chances to win.

#14     Nov 7, 2018
  5. TTT

TTT

An advice:
    There is no need to think about making money.
    You have to think about doing good trading.
    Money is a consequence of doing good trading.

#15     Nov 8, 2018
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  6. Thanks TTT ,

Are you stating to focus on good trading fundamentals and less on rather or not the trade currentry in will make money or not?

#16     Nov 8, 2018
  7. TTT

TTT

Exact.
    Having a good trading plan is the most important thing.
    My mind focuses on that.
    Define the entry, stop and exit.
    If you are methodical, the success will come to you.
    Of course he only performs high probability trades, otherwise you would be betting.

#17     Nov 8, 2018
    IAlwaysWin and SimpleMeLike like this.
  8. Thanks TTT,

With intraday trading, i am noticing that is not about repeated method/system, but repeated ability to know what to do when price is trending, what to do when it may reverse, and how to enter. It really requires a thought process and adaptability.

Some of the main challenges is sitting still and not trying to take every trade. Basically being patient.

#18     Nov 8, 2018
    yc47ib likes this.
  9. TTT

TTT

If you can not, start with longer terms.
    Intradia is the most difficult.

#19     Nov 8, 2018
  10. G Trader

G Trader

SMH ‍♂️. I just lost all respect for this guy if he posted that previous post and then this new one. His statements are something children would say. I find the syntax and general tone very odd...

#20     Nov 10, 2018
    IAlwaysWin and wrbtrader like this.