Intraday / Swing Trading Gold.

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cvds16, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Jack1960

Jack1960

It depends on your total account size and potential moves that can go against you. There is too much risk to carry futures over the weekend for small investors.

#11     Aug 4, 2017
  2. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Would that be Fed related? Strong jobs number increases the likelihood of rising rates, decreasing the value of the bonds?

#12     Aug 4, 2017
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

I don't know how all that works...
    But it might not be a bad idea to buy some gold.

#13     Aug 4, 2017
  4. cvds16

cvds16

I trade XAUUSD so it's not too incredibly big for the moment. Nevertheless thanks for trashing my thread before I have really started: it made me look better at my exit points. :) No more fixed 6.50 most of the time. Still convinced this is a good long here ...

#14     Aug 5, 2017
  5. yes. mama yellen is dying to add those 25bps asap because she suspects she screwed big time by not doing it before. so whenever mama yellen get's a positive job report this makes the chances of her pulling the trigger much higher.
    Gold is driven by real free risk yield differentials.

#15     Aug 5, 2017
    johnnyrock likes this.
  6. cvds16

cvds16

Let's stay with the technicals please. Like I told you I am not interested in the fundies here in this journal. You don't make money trading fundies (although your reasoning might seem sound).

#16     Aug 5, 2017

7. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#17     Aug 5, 2017
  8. cvds16

cvds16

something not going right with your images ...

#18     Aug 5, 2017
  9. themickey

themickey

Short 10,000 units on gold? :)

#19     Aug 5, 2017
  10. paper account. i'm barred from trading for the duration of my internship in a IB.
    just wanted to show him that you can win with fundies.
    and yeah we have 50x leverage on XAUUSD in Europe.

#20     Aug 5, 2017