Intraday/Swing Plays

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Seanote, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Don't get me wrong about the "ROI" statement in the prior post....obviously many people in the market are looking to beat the overall returns by trading. That being said, IMO a "trader" is working at trading, with the money only acting as a necessary tool. Much like any business where you must first buy the "McDonalds" with $$ (tools), and then work hard every day to make money from it. You really arent' getting ROI, you are getting paid for your labor.

Back to you soon...

#71     Mar 8, 2002
  2. tampa

tampa

Aside from your own ego gratification, what is the purpose of this thread?

#72     Mar 8, 2002
  3. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Labor Report, Guidance Lift Stocks

US equity index futures are pointing to a higher open as the unemployment rate fell to 5.5%, non-farm payrolls rose by 66,000, and Intel Corp. (INTC) and Sun Microsystems (SUNW) provided guidance. US Treasuries are mixed and world markets are higher.

#73     Mar 8, 2002
  4. Tampa,

Even if it is ego gratification that drives him, as long as he is posting trading commentary that others can learn from-by following along and either agreeing or disagreeing-who cares what his motives are? Does he need to provide you with a valid purpose-from your perspective-in order to have this thread continue? I for one am reading his stuff as a trader and finding it interesting to follow along.

#74     Mar 8, 2002
  5. Tampa,

Well, we know he's not promoting some chatroom. Or book. Or software. Or broker. At least not yet, LOL. The guy knows what he's doing, and I for one enjoy it. Kind of like the great old days with Todd Harrison, although I'm not ready to put him in that class yet.

#75     Mar 8, 2002
  6. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Yesterday's pullback was minor and none of the very short-term support zones listed were violated. I expect the rally to resume today. There are some signs of weakness developing, but suspect they will wait until next week to manifest themselves. Next week's outlook will be brightened if the averages end today at levels higher than Wednesday's highs. Those are now key very short-term resistance.

ADBE

BUY: at current price
    Confirming Indicators : breakout from 3 month consolidation
    Support/Stop level : in 37 price area , |
    1st Upside Price target = 47 |

DNA
    |
    BUY: at current levels
    Confirming Indicators: 2 month breakout, MACD bullish divergence

IBM
    SELL:

I will take these new positions within the hour barring any volatility.

#76     Mar 8, 2002
  7. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Closed CPN @ 12.51

#77     Mar 8, 2002
  8. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Long 2,000 DNA @ 51.97 10:06

#78     Mar 8, 2002
  9. Seanote

Seanote Guest

I'm still holding 10 .SJXDT @ 42.20.....currently up $17.80/ contract, looking to possibly close today.

Short 1,000 IBM @ 106.61

#79     Mar 8, 2002
  10. jsmith

jsmith

I find this thread interesting in the fact that I can get a
    perspective on how someone trades. seanote's style is
    more of a swing trading compared to hitman's scalping.
    It sorta opened my eyes to some different possibilities.

#80     Mar 8, 2002