Intraday/Swing Plays

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Seanote, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Yeah, me too....sorry about the MER.

#31     Mar 7, 2002
  2. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Ha ha....we'll see about the MER play....I cut my normal size in half, but it has crossed it's 200 SMA plus a few other reasons...I might have to hold this for a week or so.

#32     Mar 7, 2002
  3. Don,

What did you mean "sorry about the MER"....sorry about what?

#33     Mar 7, 2002
  4. Seanote

Seanote Guest

He must be short MER. I'll be happy to sell him my shares @ 55.00 if we wants to average up! Hit me on Market XT in a few more days!

#34     Mar 7, 2002
  5. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Closed out MU long @ 37.63. Bad call!

#35     Mar 7, 2002
  6. Seanote- for those of us (probably only me) who have been wondering who you are and/or what firm you are with......you have tipped your hand....only a few firms have capabilities like those you posted in earlier threads and besides, no one uses MarketXT simply because they want to....do they?! Welcome to the boards and keep up the good stuff :)

#36     Mar 7, 2002
  7. Seanote

Seanote Guest

I think this a good time to open longs during this dip and hold into a possible rally. Greenspan's speech didn't lift Dow like some thought but I think the bulls will control the later part of the session.

#37     Mar 7, 2002
  8. ddefina

ddefina

Your more of an optimist than me. I've got a couple 500sh short positions on in MCAF and MUSE to offset 5 other long positions.

#38     Mar 7, 2002
  9. Seanote

Seanote Guest

The market is selling off without any retracement, however Greenspan had no negative comments and was upbeat this morning and the market didn't react positively which generally means logic will kick in later in the day. I could be wrong and if I am I will hold my longs overnight which I planned on doing anyway.

#39     Mar 7, 2002
  10. I didn't mean anything, I just glanced up and saw you went long MER at 52.85, and it's trading quite a ways down from there.

I don't expect every trade to be a good one. And I like seeing some reality around here....keep up the good work.

(am I missing something here?) :)

#40     Mar 7, 2002