Intraday/Swing Plays

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Seanote, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Seanote, when are you going to spend some of this money...take the board to Las Vegas for a weekend getaway.....I'll buy the beer!!

Your posts have been pretty straight forward, and your profits seem solid....is that "real job" still going to take you away from all of this....or are you planning on handing the reins to someone else to keep the money coming...??

#371     Apr 16, 2002
  2. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Forget the beer...........set me up with a marker at the Bellagio and I'm on my way tomorrow! I'll take care of everything else!

This "real job" is still in the works but coming together very well. I have a trader friend that I have been with for almost 4 years that I will work with if and when this investment opportunity comes to fruition so I can still do what I love, but with less risk to my net worth. The opportunity to be involved with multiple successful businesses is something I can't pass up. As I said before, I will never completely leave the game but allocate some of my assets outside of the investment realm if my DD convinces me to do so. I plan on trading futures aggressively in the near future while maintaining my swing trades but not to the degree I have been over the last 3-4 years.

I plan on going back to Vegas in May since my last trip was cut short.....

#372     Apr 16, 2002
  3. Seanote

Seanote Guest

IMO - I think now is a good time to short intraday..... observe your stops.

#373     Apr 16, 2002
  4. moffitt

moffitt

Seanote
    Do you think that todays action is due to option expiration on Friday? A short squeeze with the news as an excuse?
    What would you short on a strong day like this? Because you are going against the trend.

:cool:

#374     Apr 16, 2002
  5. Seanote

Seanote Guest

I really don't think todays action has to due with options expiring this early in the week. With GE, TXN and a few others exceeding earnings expectations which is fueling the market today will be short lived IMO with the combination on INTC reporting after close. Obviously I don't think INTC will meet or exceed analyst's expectations and future guidance could be negative. I very well might be wrong, but that is the position I have taken. Tomorrow am I will reevaluate my positions.

#375     Apr 16, 2002
  6. badlands

badlands

Seanote,

Are you still holding AAPL? I'm holding it also and I'm not sure if I want to go into earnings tomorrow with it. I noticed a lot of institutional selling today. Any opinions?

Thanks!

Craig

#376     Apr 16, 2002
  7. Seanote

Seanote Guest

I'm still long AAPL @ 24.83 and plan on holding it thru earnings unless news warrants a close. The next 3 days will be very sensitive and volatile with earnings and expiration approaching. I'm considering tightening my stops on a few positions.

#377     Apr 16, 2002
  8. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Sold 10 .PQODY @ .10

- 1.50 points

Still long 10.....

#378     Apr 16, 2002
  9. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Short 3,000 AMAT @ 54.25

#379     Apr 16, 2002
  10. Seanote