Intraday/Swing Plays

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Seanote, Mar 6, 2002.

1. saltydog

saltydog

i am just testing this deal.... i am long emc at 9.90

#321     Apr 11, 2002
  2. pellaz

pellaz

Hi Seanote,

I've been holding SBUX for a few weeks now. It finally cracked $25, and volume looked good...but today volume thus far only at 900k.

Looks like it may be losing steam?!

And since I haven't mentioned it before, I've learned alot from this thread. It is the real world example that fits me well and is improving my trading acumen.

Thank you much.

#322     Apr 11, 2002
  3. Seanote

Seanote Guest

I am continuing to hold my long. SBUX is still positive today considering how the indicies are trading which is a strong indicator. Once the market has a positive day I believe SBUX will run. Anytime a stock fights the market, this signals significant strength. I'm looking to get out around 25.50 - 26.50.

#323     Apr 11, 2002
  4. Seanote

Seanote Guest

I should have stuck to my target on MO and held. This stock is poised for a couple point run. It's up .25 against the DOW> Stong indicator! It may very well be a good opportunity to go long.

#324     Apr 11, 2002
  5. moffitt

moffitt

Seanote
    I still have you long MO. Could you tell me when it was sold?
    Just trying to follow along with your posts..

#325     Apr 11, 2002
  6. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Moffitt - Thanks for the heads up...

I sold yesterday 2,000 @ 53.62
    + .10 points

Looks like the trade was cut off when I exported my executions.
    I wish I was still long. I might buy more if MO pulls back some today.

#326     Apr 11, 2002
  7. moffitt

moffitt

I wish I took some of your calls that I have been reading. I'd be wearing a big smile:p You are doing really well . Good for all of us that are reading and learning.
    :cool:

#327     Apr 11, 2002
  8. Seanote

Seanote Guest

I was about to short that damn stock yesterday but was sidetracked into a meeting! That was one expensive ass meeting I attended. Look at the daily chart on this one. This is a perfect example of a stock free falling then head fakes up one day. After that inital head fake you can generally expect a further decline to follow.

#328     Apr 11, 2002
  9. pellaz

pellaz

You mentioned that csco was still an attractive swing, but that the +.8 in one day with you only up .2 wasn't as desirable.

How does your chart look today? Long again is looking attractive.

#329     Apr 11, 2002
  10. Seanote

Seanote Guest

I do still like CSCO long for a swing trade.... I would buy half your position today then see what happens tomorrow. If CSCO dips again then I would pick up the other half. If the market closed down today tomorrow will be very significant. I don't think we're in a spiral fall but each day is swaying my opinion. If you can hold CSCO for a 2-3 weeks then I would not be as concerned with your entry point.

Seanote

#330     Apr 11, 2002