Intraday/Swing Plays

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Seanote, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Seanote

Seanote Guest

I think VOD short is one of the easiest technical calls to make right now. Is anyone else short?

#301     Apr 10, 2002
  2. pellaz

pellaz

Yes.

I first noticed the gap downs the past couple of days.

It's the first trade I have made on the TS platform I got running yesterday, so I am being careful with a small trade.

The charging DOW did make me a bit nervous going short this morning.

Stop set lower than Seanote though at 18.35.

#302     Apr 10, 2002
  3. moffitt

moffitt

After watching 51 pages of your trading I finally tried one.
    But scared money got me...I did however make .20 on the trade..
    So that is a plus !!!! It can go against the rest of my trades which havn't had the same results..

Thanx for the posts
    :cool:

#303     Apr 10, 2002
  4. Seanote

Seanote Guest

When a stock is screaming short technically and is only up a few cents when the DOW is surging towards 100 points on the plus, this is another signal to go short.

#304     Apr 10, 2002
  5. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Long 5,000 WCOM @4.64

Looking for intraday play but I might hold overnight pending news.

#305     Apr 10, 2002
  6. pellaz

pellaz

Agreed.

I am short VOD and INTC, and although INTC made a brief rally from 10:15 to 11am, it is now continuing downward trend which sharpened yesterday.

#306     Apr 10, 2002
  7. Seanote

Seanote Guest

I have been short TLAB for a couple days and think this position has the same potential as VOD on the down side. Look at an 90 day daily chart and an intraday and watch the channels forming towards the downside.

#307     Apr 10, 2002
  8. JPB

JPB

Seanote- (or anyone else)
    Sorry if this question doesn't fit in your thread, but I wanted an opinion from someone much more experienced than myself. What is going on in the last half hour (1:30-) in the Semi and SANS Nasdaq stocks? Is this just a short squeeze that is going to get sold into in the last two hours? The same thing happened at 10:15 this morning.

Thanks,

Johnny

#308     Apr 10, 2002
  9. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Closed 5,000 WCOM @ 4.85

+ .21 points (intraday)

#309     Apr 10, 2002
  10. Seanote

Seanote Guest

The $SOX gapped up very quickly which is more than likely a short squeeze. This gap up should be filled by days end or early tomorrow barring any significant Semi news. I don't like long options but this wouldn't be a bad time to trade long puts intraday or a day out. IMO.

#310     Apr 10, 2002