Intraday studs

Discussion in 'Trading' started by o10maximus, Jun 1, 2001.

1. For anyone that specializes in trading only a few stocks on a regular basis, what intraday indicators do you watch besides price and volume.

I'm trying to refine my strategy (paper trading) but most of the indicators lag.

thanks

2. I use the Naz and S&P futures as a leading indicator, and a gauge to use for a stock's strength or weakness.

3. magdy123

magdy123

Hello , please advise what are the Nas , S&P futures symbols you are using . I have esignal . I also have IB
    Do you get updates on these symbols every 1 second or 15 seconds .? what is the fastest softwre refreshing these symboles in you openion (esignal , Quicken , or RT 0.

Thanks in advance

4. Symbols are NQ M1 (for e-mini Nasdaq), soon to be NQ U1 after next week's rollover, ES M1 (for e-mini SP, soon to be ES U1), SP M1 (for big S&P, soon to be SP U1). E-Signal gives instant price updates with each trade (no need to refresh, the trades come at you frenetically enough as it is!) and also every change in bid/ask on electronically traded futures.

5. shyhh

shyhh

Hi.

Do you guys normally use SP/ND or ES/NQ ? I think SP/ND would normally lead ES/NQ in action. However, i m not very sure how fast is the data entry at the pit. Is there a lag between the 2 ?

Thanks in advance.

6. tntneo

tntneo Moderator

the minis are faster and ahead because there are electronically dealt.

7. magdy123

magdy123

Thank you armaniman , I could get get the charts with your help . One question is there a way to see volume of contracts traded , and the bid/ask value & size & depth for these e-mini's as in level 1 & 2 for stocks.

8. white17

white17

Check out the CME web site.

live updating with volume and depth bid/ask

9. Agree with tntneo ---- Don't use ND because it often lags NQ by as much as 15-20 seconds ----- not only is it pit-traded, but the contract size is so huge that volume is significantly less than NQ. ES and SP are more nearly interchangeable ---- SP sometimes lags ES by 5-10 seconds, but it's is more stable and less frenetic just after major events like FOMC announcements and government reports so it remains useful to me for trading purposes especially in those situations when ES bid/ask spreads are going haywire and jumping all over the place.