Intraday Stock screener API access

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by facebookapi123, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Hi,
    I searched the internet but couldn't find anything. Please help:

Are there any stock screeners based on intra day technical data which provide API access? I would like to scan the stocks via API (Fo ex: All stocks with the Closing price more than the EMA for the last 10 Minutes).

I could find Madscan, TC2000 etc. but none of them provide API access. Please let me know if you know any. Appreciate your help!

Thanks.

2. marsman

marsman

The IB API has also some methods for market scanners, but I must admit I haven't tried it yet myself.
    "Chapter 11 - Subscribing to and Canceling Market Scanner Subscriptions" in the document
    "Getting Started with the TWS C++ API", September 2014, Supports TWS API Release 9.71

3. Thanks @marsman for your reply. I already checked IB Market scanner. You are correct that they provide API access to the Market scanner but the Market scanner doesn't let you scan based on intra day data(For ex: Closing price more than 10 Minute EMA). They let you scan on the EMA for EOD data.

Thanks!

4. Dustin

Dustin

5. marsman

marsman

But I think you could apply a trick: scan based on open (or close), save the results, then periodically repeat the scans. The delta's (ie. the differences between the scan results) should be usable, IMHO...

6. Thanks @Dustin. Their API documentation is based on ACTIVEX controls and is rather old. I am reading through their API documentation to see if I can implement it. Thanks for your direction. It helped!

7. Were you able to implement the API? I asked them and they mentioned, its not supported anymore. Is it still working for you?

8. Polygon.io

Polygon.io Sponsor

Are you looking for a free or paid service?

#10     Sep 27, 2018