Intraday Scalping Strategies

Discussion in 'Trading' started by LeesonTrader, Jul 8, 2002.

1. LeesonTrader

LeesonTrader Guest

I was wondering what strategies you intraday scalpers use. I am referring to very short period trades.

Personally I watch the E mini Naz futures and the E mini S&Ps, and of course the L2. TA is hard to do on such a time frame. Does anyone out there trader contrarian style?

Often a futures rip, and stock rip will bounce back a couple of cents....I mostly trade SUNW.

2. why sunw? it's a five dollar stock that is super thick. are you immediately re bidding or offering the stock. Do you use a lot of invisible orders.

also what trading platform do you use.

haven't scalped in a while.

just curious.

cheers.

3. LeesonTrader

LeesonTrader Guest

SUNW is pretty good because it follows the futures well and offers potential for ECN rebates too. I usually hide ISLD or use INCA when bidding or offering. CSCO also works well.
    Sometimes I immediately rebid or offer, but on big moves retailing in and offering out is important to do.

4. I just watch and pounce. sometimes i fade. sometimes i chase.

Risk Factor: I trade listed.

5. Gordon Gekko, George Soros and now Nick Lesson. Wow!You never know who will show up here.

6. prolly jesse livermore.

7. LeesonTrader

LeesonTrader Guest

Today for a while SUNW did the exact opposite of the 2 futures I mentioned earlier. What generally makes a stock do this other than large institutional orders?

8. People.

9. just kidding...

i never get concerned when my naz stocks diverge from the futures. normally it just means that the stock is at sup/resistance or is oversold/overbought.

10. nylord1

nylord1

tape reading is king for listed scalping.....i guess the most obvious is detecting a market short seller with size and front running him until he starts getting taken. This is the gravy for a lot of scalpers i know....how ever, these are quick opportunities with all the vultures canvassing the same carcass so you have to be quick....they love those nx orders

#10     Jul 8, 2002