Intraday martingale with futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Sep 9, 2018.

#21     Sep 9, 2018
    fan27 likes this.
  2. I actually don't understand your idea but as far as holy grail is concerned, one needs to analyse who drives prices and how they behave in the market.
    Besides, you need to monitor spot markets closely when you trade on futures markets.
    Having said that, if you have been on a good run, that's good for you :)

#22     Sep 9, 2018
  3. TTT

TTT

Hello Scapathagos.
    My opinion is that the martingale system if it only applies once can be beneficial if you know the market direction.
    It is easy sometimes to enter and that the price turns against you.
    It is easier to have more winning days.
    Although if you fail you lose more.
    That is also true.
    That is why it should not be done with many contracts and should only be done once.

#23     Sep 10, 2018
  4. TTT

TTT

Hello Victorycountry, the only reason why I think it has worked is because before opening the market I already had in my head what was going to be the daily trend.

#24     Sep 10, 2018
  5. TTT

TTT

The days with little volatility better not to use martingale.
    Or directly not operate.

#25     Sep 10, 2018
  6. _eug_

_eug_

When you say Martingale do you mean doubling up your bet every consecutive loss? Or just scaling into trades as they go against you?

#26     Sep 10, 2018
  7. TTT

TTT

If the first entry fails, the second one doubles, but only do it once.
    However, if there is no tendency, better not to use a martingale or not to operate directly.

#27     Sep 10, 2018
  8. TTT

TTT

In my opinion it should only be used when you are very sure of what the daily trend will be

#28     Sep 10, 2018
  9. Limiting to once is not a martingale system. What you are doing is simply splitting your entry into two. It's called averaging/scaling into a trade. That is fine, works well when you are not as accurate with your entries but are better in the overall direction.

#29     Sep 10, 2018
    timdug, tommcginnis and TTT like this.
  10. TTT

TTT

Exactly what I want to say.
    To enter like this generates me less stress.

#30     Sep 10, 2018
    timdug likes this.