intraday indicators

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by drew4784, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

The unusual values of the MACD are derived from my own research on this indicator

I 've tried to find a leading indicator for years and the MACD is one the best IMHO

The MACD shows very well:

- Divergences
    - Trend
    - Strength of trend
    - Turning points

Lorenzo

#11     Feb 15, 2006
  2. Macd always looks fantastic in hindsight. It points out every turning point, but I have yet to see anyone trade a macd crossover for any length of time and make consistent money with it. Not saying it cant be done, just that I havent seen it. I would like to see someone do it realtime.

#12     Feb 15, 2006
  3. I agree MACD and many other indicators look good with EOD data.

More power a trader that can use it real time.

#13     Feb 15, 2006
  4. cnms2

cnms2

I see the MACD as a band-pass filter, so I correlate its parameters with the time frame and the price's natural waves. I'm also looking at divergences for confirmation, but they don't tell me if a retracement or reverse is coming, and what's its magnitude.

I'll be watching your choice of MACD parameters. Thanks.

#14     Feb 15, 2006
  5. Schaefer

Schaefer

AMT4SWA

#15     Feb 15, 2006
  6. He must have changed his methods since I watched him but if anyone could do it he probably could. Where is he hanging out these days?

#16     Feb 15, 2006
  7. volente_00

volente_00

MACD works good if you combine some other indicators with it. It works great on range days but you get a trend day and you will get a lot of fake signals.

#17     Feb 15, 2006
  8. drew4784

drew4784

i find that MACD works best when there is a defined trend, either upward or downward. When there is a tight range, I see a lot of false signals

#18     Feb 15, 2006
  9. I had the same experience with MACD.

#19     Feb 15, 2006
  10. Schaefer

Schaefer

Last time he posted he had gotten himself a nice business proposition and it was the reason that he had to pull the charts and end the journal. He's a good man, I learned how to use MACD in real time through his journal.

#20     Feb 15, 2006